No announcement yet.

What Mac do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on Gatekeeper, you are letting the side down. After all if you get 10.2 then Monolith, Drake and I can annoy you with ichat phone calls.

What more could anyone want?
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

A G5?
      "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
      Drake Tungsten
      "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
      Albert Speer

Comment

True - especially if it came in a box with that switcher chick (not the druggie, the nice one).
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

PowerMac G4 500 (single)

and

iBook 466 graphite (with DVD player)
          I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Other = eMac, G4/1GHz, 384MB RAM
            "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
            I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
            --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

Comment

OK, I've caved in and upgraded to 8.6, but that's it! No higher, 'cause I'm getting a *new* 'puter down the road, so y'all will have to wait for that iPhone, iSight thingie!

BTW, my iMac only has 160 RAM.

Gatekeeper
              "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Gatekeeper
                OK, I've caved in and upgraded to 8.6, but that's it! No higher, 'cause I'm getting a *new* 'puter down the road, so y'all will have to wait for that iPhone, iSight thingie!

Gatekeeper

hi ,

has anyone else also noticed how MAC's dont need a lot of ram , .......

have a nice apple day
                - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Heck, you folks need more hardware

[work]
                  Dual 1.0 G4 Tower
                  [home]
                  G3 laptop (Lombard)
                  G3 Tower (Yosemite)
                  PowerMac 8500 w/ G3 upgrade (recently retired, in search of a new home)
                  G4 iMac flat panel (actually my wifes, but I "use" it now and then)

... on second thought... maybe I need less hardware

Comment

Originally posted by Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper

I do hope things have changed?
                    "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
                    I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
                    --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

Comment

I'm still on the same computer. I had (and may still have) plans to acquire a G5 iMac by July or September, then Jobs came out and announced the switch from IBM to Intel chips.

Universal binaries or not, I'm not sure it's such a wise investment to drop $2000 or so (including peripherals such as a printer, scanner and software) on a machine that will be truly outdated by 2007. Then again, I don't buy a ton of software, so I'd probably be just fine.

Heh. Then there's the issue of 10.4.1 no longer supporting the Classic environnment which means, short me partitioning the HD and finding a CD of 9.x, there'd be no more Civ II for me.

Gatekeeper
                      "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

Comment

10.4.1 won't support classic?

****ers.
                        "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                        Drake Tungsten
                        "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                        Albert Speer

Comment

That's what I've heard from various Mac forums ...

Comment

I did some more checking. Apparently it's misinformation — 10.4.1 does support Classic, at least according to the folks at the MacCentral forums who are running the OS.

Heh. As I said there, I've never been so happy to have one of my posts declared as nonsense!

Gatekeeper

Comment

I need to correct my earlier post... my Wife's laptop died, so now I'm just on the G4 when she's willing to share.
                              I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Originally posted by Insane
                                Heck, you folks need more hardware

[work]
                                Dual 1.0 G4 Tower
                                [home]
                                G3 laptop (Lombard)
                                G3 Tower (Yosemite)
                                PowerMac 8500 w/ G3 upgrade (recently retired, in search of a new home)
                                G4 iMac flat panel (actually my wifes, but I "use" it now and then)

... on second thought... maybe I need less hardware
                                nah, you don't need less hardware.... in the Mac community, the person with the most Macs wins

umm, back to topic...
                                I have two PowerBook G4s... size matters
                                15" PowerBook G4(1.25Ghz)
                                12" PowerBook G4(1.33Ghz)
                                (Airport Extreme base station w/o modem)

Retired/collecting foodstamps- iMac 333mhz

Comment

Working...
                                X