Baseball Player Assaults Sausage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball Player Assaults Sausage

Yeah, sounds a bit crazy, but Randall Simon of the Pittsburgh Pirates took a bat and swatted a sausage yesterday. During Milwaukee Brewer home games, 4 people get dressed up in various costumes like sausages, brockwurst, etc., and run along in foul territory in front of the dugouts. These are actually "races" of sorts with a scoreboard keeping track of the winners, but yesterday, as the 4 weiners ran by the Pirate dugout, Simon, standing at the railing with a bat, waited for them to pass and swung the bat clobbering the nearest weiner in the "head" knocking her to the ground taking her closest competitor down with her. The two weiners were taken to the hospital to treat some scrapes on their legs.

Last we heard, the weiners were washed off and still considered edible so don't fret if you open a package of sausages and see a bruise or two...
    Last edited by Berzerker; July 10, 2003, 07:12.

Probably irked that Sexson and Geoff Jenkins are going to the All-Star game, while Pittsburgh's only rep is a guy with a 6.29 ERA.

Edit: A pic of the event. Note the "We Are Family" throwback uniforms:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

What would possibly possess someone to do such a stupid thing?
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

He should go hang out with the firecracker fan from Oakland.

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

D'oh! Was he hit in the head too many times by a baseball?
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I've been to Miller Park... those sausage guys are hilarious... Glad to hear none of them were seriously hurt... that player should know better.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

It wasn't like he really smacked her, it was all in fun, but he did clip her hard enough to topple her onto the ground - more a consequence of the costume creating instability, which is why they run so slow.

Thx Vlad for the pic, what was so funny was watching her rolling back and forth on the ground trying to get up the momentum to get to her knees because of the costume's rigidity. I hear he was charged with misdeamor assault and had to pay $432 as a fine. I understand they don't want to encourage assaults even when in fun, but c'mon. Leave it up to the girl to press charges and if she doesn't want to, then drop it guys. I imagine even the racers laughed when they saw the video...

Comment

better headline.....

ball player wacks sausage on field!

Comment

How about:

Baseball player whips out bat, beats sausage on field .
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                    What would possibly possess someone to do such a stupid thing?
                    That's what I'm wondering.
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Wasn't it recently ruled that wood on sausage is legal

Comment

That's tame compared to what Chuck used to do to the Houston Rockets mascot.
                        "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Working...
                        X