Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ahhhh. Right before the All-Star game and my team is 8.5 up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahhhh. Right before the All-Star game and my team is 8.5 up.

Life is looking pretty good.

Best record in the majors, on our way to winning our 12th division in a row. Oh, sure, we'll likely still blow in the playoffs, but at least we'll be there.... right, NY Mets?

at Tommy Glavine. Serves you right, traitor.

Looks like sanity has been restored in the NL Central.

How's your team doing?

I don't even know what sport this is about.
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

Edit... Ahh. I misread your question.

It's about baseball.

Comment

well

neither do I

and I have favorite teams in most american sports

Jon Miller
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Looks like sanity has been restored in the NL Central.

How many straight Divisional titles have you won? 9? 10? That's insane. Give everyone else a chance, won't ya?
          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

11, thank you very much.

Philly fan, perhaps? Millwood was a great pickup for you... too bad for the Phillies that Sheffield was a better pickup for us.

Comment

It'll be 12 soon then. Greedy buggers.
              If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

I knew I liked JohnT for a reason.

The best part is that Maddux is still sucking, if he turns it up things will get even better.

ACK!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Y'all have no idea how many times I give thanks to God for the 1995 season, knowing that that one friggin' World Series ring keeps us from serious Minnesota Vikings and Buffalo Bills references.

The Schuerholz* and Cox Braves are a team that have been built for the seasonal haul, not for streaky play (which can get you through the playoffs). We have suffered in the post season for this principle, and I sometimes think back and wonder what would've happened if, in 1996, the Braves got rid of either Maddux/Glavine/Smoltz for an A-rod or Barry or Sosa.

If wishes were fishes, we'd all cast nets.

*Spelling. Sounds like a law firm, doesn't it?

Comment

FP: Of course they've only have 1 WS win to show for it . They DO give other teams a chance... it is just in the playoffs .
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Go Tigers!

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Serves you right, traitor.

In the Free Agency period, how can anyone be called a traitor? I mean, it isn't like the team gives the players much loyalty. The Braves should have signed him and let Maddux walk, IMO. After all, Glavine was from the Braves organization in the first place and they should have thanked him for it. Maddux was just a Cubs interloper... either way, it seems like it doesn't matter because both have hit the 'age' wall, most promenently seen in recent history in David Cone.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

I'm a Dodger fan. They were doing good until we hit the brickwalls at Pac Bell park... My wife is a Giants fan
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                            Serves you right, traitor.

In the Free Agency period, how can anyone be called a traitor? I mean, it isn't like the team gives the players much loyalty. The Braves should have signed him and let Maddux walk, IMO. After all, Glavine was from the Braves organization in the first place and they should have thanked him for it. Maddux was just a Cubs interloper... either way, it seems like it doesn't matter because both have hit the 'age' wall, most promenently seen in recent history in David Cone.
                            Wtf do I care... I'm a Braves fan. You leave my team to play with another team in the same division, knowing you were leaving a very good situation, knowing you were walking into a disaster zone, and you'll earn my animosity.

Glavine earned the fans respect and loyalty, and we gave it to him Imran... while he was here. Since he left to go to the (semi) hated Mets, a pox on his post-Braves career!

Oh, I know the Braves didn't want to pay what he demanded... but did he have to demand so much? And Maddux - he's not exactly earning his $13.5 mill(woods): did he really think he was worth sacrificing both Glavine and Millwood for his Year of Gravy?

But Cox and Shuerholz manage, and manage well.

Comment

Ah, so you are admiting that you are letting emotion and blind loyalty override logic?

Comment

Working...
                              X