No announcement yet.

Mongol Horde Succession Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry, haven't been able to play atm for a variety of reasons - please skip me for the time being
    Insert witty phrase here

Comment

Turn order updated
      OnS - you are up!
      SCG - we will slip you in once you have cleared up RL

SG[1]
      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Gits
        Turn order updated
        OnS - you are up!
        SCG - we will slip you in once you have cleared up RL
        As long as it's updated, thought I'd bump it into view...
        Play Order

1) SG[1] - 20 turns
        2) SG(2) - 20 turns
        3) STYOM - 20 turns
        4) sirsnuggles - 20 turns
        5) LaFayette - 20 turns
        6) -Jrabbit - 20 turns
        7) SCG - skipped
        8) Old'n'Slow
        9) Julius
        10) ???

Lazy Scousers...
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I'm on it -- rollin', rollin', rollin'...
          Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

Thanks -JRabbit! You can pop round and do the washing up next.

-----------------------

SG(2)

Comment

-----------------------
              SG(2)
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I've started but haven't finished -- unusual for me. Have something that I want to mull over...

Comment

Hush now, everyone! Old n Slow is thinking!

Comment

Actually, with some mulled wine, I could the Scouse Gits’ new smiley.

Comment

-----------------------

SG(2)
                      watch out for those empty bottles on the floor
                      It could be dangerous
                      Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

Completed my moves & will tell all later (notes are currently elsewhere). For a teaser...let's just say we're back on track.

Comment

Did I miss something, or is there no saved game avalaible yet
                          Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

Old n Slow ... we are well teased Any log/save game?

-----------------------

SG(2)

Comment

The save -- had trouble logging on (only four times attempted) yesterday.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hmmm the world in 380 AD -- we have an orange elephant & no information on
                                anyone else.

Hmmm, JRabbit STRONGLY recommends Marco's.

Hmmm, there are three civs
                                working on wonders (and these are 300 shield wonders...), and they've been
                                working on these for some time now...

Ok, let's catch a clue.

If Karakorum is to build this wonder in a timely fashion, we'll need 3-4 camels & some $$. To which we have no camels complete and 7 coins. Yup.
                                Make a couple of changes (like more $, less science) & hit enter anyway.

380 AD -- With rates set to 7.0.3 & Samarkand off Xinning, we rake in almost 20 coins. Karakorum completes Library. Spend a few coins to complete a row
                                or two of camels. Hmmm I don't think that this will be enough -- either in effort or time...I don't think that any camel coming from the north will make it in time either. Sell our only market & focus on the south.

400 AD -- a few more coins in. Sell both libraries -- now I'm thinking that I should of switched the library effort in Karakorum to 35 shields towards a camel at the get-go -- yup 35 shields at a cost of $25 a row would have
                                saved a couple of coins oh well.

420 AD -- Two camels are on the road moving.

440 AD -- The excitement mounts.

460 AD -- Karakorum completes MPE. The Zulus complete Copes. Carthage completes OR. We pass to mull over the foreign situation...

(Saw a posting by Elephant that detailed the initial use of Marco's and the trading that ensued. Inspired by that post (he truly made it sing) I wanted to see how much mileage we could get with a round of trading, particularly aware that relationships deteriorate with MGE.)

In 460 AD, we know 16 techs; the world knows 29 in total.

In a nutshell,

Egypt (6 spears) - Myst, Poly, Cons, Trade; + Sea, Math, trade Maps, Ally? (yes if we give them Poly (what once wasn't enough? Oh Ok); gift? they give us $250 of their 266 treasury, we leave them worshipful of
                                us. (Persia gets Poly)

Spend a few coins on the off change that if we can gain another ally, they'll take pity on our poverty.

Celts (3 spears) -Myst, Write, Mon, Trade, Sea, Math; +Eng, IW, Wheel, trade maps, ally (yes if we go to war vs. Carthage; Hmmm very tempting, but I want a tech from them, so we'll pass for now) (Persia gets IW.)

Carthage (2 spears) -Write, Wheel, Math, Sea, Eng (later on - Rep & Phil); +BB, trade maps, Ally? no.

France (4 spears) -WC, Poly, Wheel, IW, Eng (and later BB); +Lit, Phil, Rep, Med, Astro, Bank; after second round of trades, end up as cordial...trade maps? (yes!) Ally ? If we attack Egypt. (What with them having 6 spears to our weak status, hey wait a minute -- you guys haven't even seen that country (and they haven't seen you either.) besides, I think
                                that their herald winked at me -- Nope, no war for now.)

Zulu (5 spears) Just for kicks, let's talk (they are building Magellan's so we don't expect anything) -Cons, Rep, Phil, Trade, Mon; +Nav; Ally? (If we go to war vs. Egypt -- Hmm there might be a pattern here; but I recall once where the demands wnet beyond the first request, so we'll pass this offer as well.)

Persia (0 spears) just for kicks again, let's talk -- we both have 29 techs, so there's nothing to really talk about, but since we're weak & they are Pathetic (and building a wonder) let's demand tribute! -- They declare War. (Yawn).

Persia is researching Invention & has a wonder underway -- I have every expectation that when they discover the tech, they'll switch to Leo's -- and of course, this is the one map we don't have. Thus, the second reason for the extra techs, that we may not have wanted right away (like BB) -- tech bomb their research & slow them down while we catch up. the first reason for BB was to gain an extra tech from trading with France (wasn't expecting to get Nav with the Zulu's working Magellan.) We leave the trading round
                                with a worshipfull Ally, one Enraged war & four enthusiastic peaces.

480 -- (Barbarians develop BW -- open the trade window to see if we can get their map -- nope they're not listed -- but wait -- we now have one enraged
                                war, one uncoop Ally & four hostile Peace -- RAPID deteriorization of relationships.) Persians start Magellans (great news -- they only have five cities -- having two of them wonderize improves the chance that they won't get anything!) Research -- we are over halfway towards the next tech (we choose Mono over Inv (a very close second choice -- I want both Wonders -- but felt that Mike's, plus some camels & growth would get Inv & Leo's faster than a straight jump for Inv & Leo's. I have the save at 460 if anyone wants to try an "alternative path to glory") Samarkand finishes its new library & starts a camel

500AD -- $ = 35g. (81 turns per tech) switch back to 3.0.7 Tabriz builds a settler & starts on a camel. Sam goes back to full Xin (tech now down to 22 turns)

520AD -- Kabul builds a settler & starts a camel (Tabriz settler heads toward the coal -- a mine there would be nice.) (Celts switch to Mon. Celt/Car war ends. Egypt discovers Lit.)

540AD -- quiet.

560AD -- unit passing by elephant causes a conversation (we give Carthage Nav) Bokhara builds a caravel.

580AD -- Sam back to semi-Xin; Kar builds a Hides Camel (Car switch to Republic)

600AD -- Ormuz builds a temple, starts a camel. Celts want us to war over Car (we say no, and they fight anyway.)

620AD -- Kashgar makes a gems camel

640AD -- more quiet

660AD -- Sam back to ½ Xin

680AD -- Basra builds a temple, now making a camel (Zulu discovers IW)

700AD -- Nishapur makes a Beads camel; Kar makes a Salt camel (hides has more customers, but this may lead to a second trade arrow.)

720AD -- Nish blows up -- guess I'm sleeping at the switch.

740AD -- Nsih back under control, but Tabriz makes a beads camel & blows up

760AD -- The camels are on the road, move along lil' doggies...

After the great trading round, I stayed in monarchy for the production -- with the great distances & high corruption I was unsure that a shift to Republic would pay for itself -- also unsure whether a 3.0.7 (& 25 coins per turn) was better than a 7.0.3 & fewer turns for the next advance -- in my mind it was close to a toss up. -- In any case, I think that the camels will make the difference.

Notes: Karakorum has a 1 food deficit to work 10 shield row, else and have a 1 food surplus with a 7 shield row -- I've toggled back & forth for production.

The camels are heading north to Zulu country -- as of now all are demanded products. The boat in Ormuz is waiting the cargo that is ion the road. The boat at sea has a camel (I think that Ngome still wants gems) & a horse for the hut & darkness south of Zulu country.

We'll probably want to shift to Republic to cash in on the camels, grow, Mike's, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X