5) LaFayette - 20 turns
    6) -Jrabbit - 20 turns
    7) SCG - skipped
    8) Old'n'Slow
    9) Julius
    10) ???

------------------

SG(2)
    Last edited by Scouse Gits; July 13, 2003, 06:13.
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Gits
      Thanks La Fayette ... we have come back on track

-JRabbit Please join in

Play Order

1) SG[1] - 20 turns
      2) SG(2) - 20 turns
      3) STYOM - 20 turns
      4) sirsnuggles - 20 turns
      5) LaFayette
      6) SCG
      7) -JRabbit

------------------

SG(2)

and if JRabbit wants to play before thursday, feel free to cut line
      Insert witty phrase here

Comment

Rabbit droppings...

I actually found time to squeeze in 20 turns! Got a couple techs, met our first alien civ, dropped a few cities. Turnlog shortly...

Here's the zipped save.

[Note to Scousers -- I see you are considering splitting the game into two versions -- AC and Conquest -- with a 1 AD target date. IMHO, this game has not developed far enough yet, so that option remains open (and sounds FUN).]
        Attached Files
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Any room left? Downloaded the save & can look at it tonight.
          Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

20-Turnlog

It's 25 BC and King RabbitMong surveys his kingdom.
            It seems we are home to 340,000 ppl -- the only ppl on earth, AFAWK We "enjoy" an income of 5 GP per turn, and our wise men have just begun studying the advanced technolgy called Writing and have issued a memo indicating they believe it will be 12 turns (about 250 years!!) before they can do so.

We desperately need a couple WoWs -- Mike's Chapel and Marco Polo are recommended targets. Cope's would be nice, but unlikely.

Proposed research after Writing -- We need TRADE (for Marco Polo, for camels) and LITERACY (for Philosophy/Monotheism, or for direct run to The Republic.

Clearly, our research rate needs work. But with only 6 cities, options are limited. Plus, we need temples in several cities, none of which are in process. Yet.

25BC (adjust) -- Hire 4 Einsteins in Samarkand (changes rate to 8 turns ). Change Karakorum build orders from Horseman to Marketplace (cost = 5 shields). Our massive (82 GP iirc) treasury is used to complete a row or two. The Rabbit Mong issues a heavy sigh and hits ENTER.

0001 AD -- Machiavelli notes that we possess Pathetic Happiness.
            Egyptians begin Great Wall.
            A couple more rows rushed...

0020 AD -- Samarkand adds 5th Ein for planned Full Xinning. Plan to change Marketplace (under construction) to Library once we learn Writing.
            Chariot finds a hut!
            Zulus build Lighthouse of Ulundi. (Carths abandon project)

0040 AD -- Kashgar grows into disorder, another Elvis impersonator hired.
            Hut yields 50 GP
            Samarkand still has 2 Eins on alternate (non-Xinning) turns. (Who says early irrigation is useless?? :wall )

0060 AD -- Use new cash to complete a couple incremental rows.

0080 AD -- Celts uveil King Richard's Crusade in Cardiff.
            Tabriz grows into disorder.
            Kashgar solves happiness problem by building Settler. Starts on Temple.

0100 AD -- City of Aleppo founded.

0120 AD -- Zulus start Copernicus' Observatory.
            Tabriz follows Kashgar's lead -- builds Settler, starts Temple, fires Elvis.

0140 AD -- Not satisfied with KRC, Celts begin Great Wall.
            We discover WRITING (took 8 turns). Literacy not offered, so we take TRADE over Feud, Iron, Seafaring, Wheel. No contest.

0160 AD -- Carths begin Oracle.
            Carth troops (ellie and archer!) appear outside (undefended) Aleppo, demanding Polytheism and Pottery. We give it away, and get peace in return. A gift of Monarchy makes them Receptive, but trade offer is rejected.

0180 AD -- We sack the treasury (using 104 out of 106 GP) to complete a Library in Samarkand.
            Persians complete the Great Library of Pasagardae, then start on GW.
            City of Kabul is founded.
            Kashgar sends horsie to defend Aleppo. Elvis hired to keep the peace until journey is complete.

0200 AD -- Karakorum completes Marketplace, starts on Library.
            Samarkand now a science powerhouse, with 24 beakers (6 turns/tech) on Xinning turns, 13 beakers (9 turns/tech) on alternate turns. (RabbitMong muses at how great it would be to have a 2nd Size 5 City. )

0220 AD -- RabbitMong declares Quiet Time, a great national holiday.

0240 AD -- Celts complete Great Wall of Cardiff. Egyptians abandon project, Persians switch to GW.

0260 AD -- Nishapur reaches disorderly size 3.
            Ormuz founded in juicy sweet spot far from capital.
            Chariot completes exploration, declares our continent an Island. Noting the many great city sites available, he heads home to start a real estate company.

0280 AD -- TRADE completed, Literacy started.
            Samarkand build orders changed to Camel.

0300 AD -- French complete Shakespeare's Theatre in Paris. Persians switch to Cope's.

0320 AD -- We found the city of Basra.

0340 AD -- Tabriz completes Temple, starts on Camel. Or Settler. (SGC will decide.)

0360 AD -- Temples completed in Nishapur ($$) , Kashgar. Elvises dismissed. Camel/Settlers started.

King RabbitMong completes his 20th and final turn, retires from the throne, taking a job in the private sector as spokesperson for Chariot Realty.

Some quick notes for SCG --

1. Karakorum will complete its Library next turn and should start a camel-building program to get us a WoW.

2. We're now at 540,000 ppl with liquid assets amounting to 0007 GP. (Sorry about that, but we needed those temples!!)

3. I strongly recommend we target Marco Polo. This is especially important on a gigamap!! It's already 360 AD and we've explored only our own island, so instant embassies and tech/map trading seems our only fast way forward. Besides, we can build MP now, but still need 2.5 techs before we get Monotheism! Better to get MP, trade for Mono, and go on from there.

4. DON'T FORGET SAMARKAND!!! If you screw up the alternate-turn Xinning, it will fall to Size 4 and the Einsteins will go on strike.

5. I failed to launch a trireme but pressing domestic issues needed to be addressed first. Perhaps the time has come...

6. Camels (WoWs, trade) and Settlers (new cities, transport system) are the order of the day. The North-South Highway and the Ormuz Off-ramp are nearly complete, I founded 4 cities iirc, but not The Institue. Plus, we'll need a couple more temples as smaller cities grow...

7. There's a Carth elephant blocking the highway up north, fortified on a hill. Technically, not in violation of our treaty. When you're ready for WAR, the Carths will give it to you. (I know we have no Spotless requirement, but I've decided I wouldn't be the one to first smudge our reputation.)

8. Long term (after Mike's is built), we should give serious consideration to going Republic. On a decent-sized island with no competing civs (yet), we can keep a minimal horse force inside our cities and get quick growth to Size 8 in several places.

9. Final Words of Wisdom --
            BUILD CAMELS AND GET MARCO POLO!!!

Edited for typos and such...
            Last edited by -Jrabbit; July 10, 2003, 13:42.
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Ons, great to see you posting!!! How's it going?

SCG is scheduled to play his turns tonight, but I'm confident the Scousers will add you to the roster, probably right after him.

Comment

Correct bunnyman - good turns btw - OnS you're in...

SG[1]

Comment

The RabbitMong seems to have made good use of the Monarchy I had to fight hard to acquire
                  Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Yeah, this must have been a real mess in Depotism. We were undoubtedly tops in technology while cursing the hut luck that made Monarchy so expensive (and late).

If we didn't need Marco Polo and Mike's so badly, I would recommend we just keep spitting out new cities (semi-ICS), starting several of them on top of the specials (instead of just one city in the central sweet spot).

Anyway, they were fun turns. Looking forward to some real progress from the next couple of kings.

Comment

Is it yet possible to join
                      You know there are nine riders for each team in the tour de France
                      BTW, are two wheels ok
                      Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

He's back!!

WELCOME BACK, JULIUS BRENZAIDA!!

The living legend returns... apparently using his vacation time to slum among the great unwashed.

Great to see you online, Julius. One assumes the Scousers will be accommodating...

Comment

One assumes correctly!
                          Of course you are most welcome Julius

SG[1]

Comment

Originally posted by Julius Brenzaida

BTW, are two wheels ok
                            Well, I know we've been using a NONE chariot, so it appears that is OK.

Just so no walking is involved (except Settlers/Engineers)...

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                              Ons, great to see you posting!!! How's it going?
                              It's going ok, thanks
                              But I am not THAT great I believe

BTW, whose turn is it to play, not me I hope
                              Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

Still waiting for SCG -- Let me know if I should sneak in foe a few turns...
                                Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

Working...
                                X