Idea: Include "go to your latest post" in the "My threads" section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea: Include "go to your latest post" in the "My threads" section

I use the 'my threads' section all the time.

It is sometime annoying though, when I have to click on go several pages forward, or click the >> sign and then press several times back , to get to my post.

That would ease my day

I fully agree. And when you have a thread with more than one page, it would be nice to be able to jump directly to the page you're interested in viewing. The way it is now, I'm forced to always open the first page of the thread before I can go to the page I want.
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

There's a button on the right says 'Go to last post'--not exactly what you're looking for, but it helps avoid wading through pages to get to YOUR last post (assuming it wasn't too far back from THE last post).
      Good night--Rob
      "We may be in a hallucination here, but that's no excuse for being delusional!." K.S. Robinson, 'The Years Of Rice And Salt.'

Comment

Or, you could use the "Your posts" link that appears on the frontpage of apolyton (and is what the my threads link used to be), which shows all your threads with links to specific pages.

Comment

cool, that should do it.
          The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

oh, I didn't know about that link on Poly's main page... thanks, ixnay.
            I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

hmmm

sounds cool
              *goes to check it out*

Comment

Hey this is cool:

Comment

Why did we change My Threads to that wierd search thingie?

Didn't we like it when we did it?

We regret it now, don't we?

Can we get it changed back?
                  meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Also, above the "post reply" button, at the top of the page is a "Go to First Unread Post" button.

Maybe that would help?

Comment

We liked it but they didn't, so it got changed.
                      American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
                      I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
                      Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
                      XGalaga.

Comment

Originally posted by geeslaka
                        We liked it but they didn't, so it got changed.
                        But if you registered in...June? 2003 (bad memory )...and IIRC they changed it before that...then that's CONCLUSIVE PROOF! Ming, now all we need is the final confirmation...
                        meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

What button?

Also, above the "post reply" button, at the top of the page is a "Go to First Unread Post" button.
                          I see nothing!
                          Attached Files
                          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Not this either

This only takes you to the first post since your last log-on, it doesn't keep track of whether you looked at a particular page.

I assure you, I had not read through post #179 on Suomithreadi XXVIII, but that is where "Go to first new post" took me!
                            Attached Files
                            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Is that an old thread with old replies?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X