an Apolyton mod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• an Apolyton mod?

I was thinking of making an apolyton mod for my civ, and renaming all of the wonders after noted posters here.
    stuff like:
    the Statue of odeo (or is that oedo?)
    the Ming gardens
    Xin Yu's war academy

any other suggestions? I really don't want to get on it until I get all 28 renamed. it would seem half done.
    Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
    ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Many people already had ideas like that, as a matter of fact, somebody even made a scenario, but as far as I know it was a flop.
    Follow the masses!
    30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

ok, Maybe I'll just modify my own files for wonder names, for my own amusement.
      It would gve me great pleasure sometimes to build the Ming Gardens, Rather than the hanging gardens, and would add an extra chuckle to my game.

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...

Comment

I played the scenario, and it wasn't too bad...I think your idea is cool, and it would be nice to see more apolyton stuff...

Of course, I'm a bit biased...toying with the idea of a scenario parodying major gameleague players, as well as some apolytoners...

-KhanMan of Sayen
        Odin, Thor, and Loki walk into a bar together...
        -KhanMan

Comment

HOw about the temple of godess empress
          Apolyton Empress
          "Tongue tied and twisted, just and earth bound misfit..."

"Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative" --found on a bathroom wall

Comment

Smokey tha nuke man for the Manhattan Project.

I know he's new, but read some of his posts...he's funny and he's the only Apolyton member to endorse nukes.
            Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

OK, shogun, I'll have to put that in. I can see it now - Zimbabwe (building Smokey Da Nuke Project)

Comment

How about Adam Smith's Trading Company ?

Comment

errr... That Would be named after Adam Smith, Right?
                  He has had some worthwhile contributions - and in the matter of trade, too.
                  Then again, Maybe I'll leave that one Adam Smith's Trading Company instead of changing it to Adam Smith's Trading Company.

Comment

I was thinking more along the lines of "Empress' Suffrage" than a temple. considering your lobbying to be queen.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Father Beast on 10-24-2000 06:05 AM
                      errr... That Would be named after Adam Smith, Right?
                      He has had some worthwhile contributions - and in the matter of trade, too.

how about jpk's trading company then?
                      Insert witty phrase here

Comment

*tries to get a wonder named after him*

*fails*

*tries to get an improvement named after him*

*fails*

*tries to get an unit named after him*

*fails*

Hmm....
                        *grumbles about work*

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Shadowstrike on 10-24-2000 09:34 PM
                          *tries to get an unit named after him*

well, just going on name and not on any particular post, what about renaming the stealth bomber to be the shadowstrike force?

------------------
                          Sleep is a luxury and I don't have Shakespeare's Theatre in my back yard.
                          Insert witty phrase here

Comment

SETI program to HSME program (Hodadian Spy Misson on Earth)
                            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

How about Sirotnikov's Theatre then?
                              I'm pretty good as an actor....
                              I also write lot's of stories.
                              And I can make the people in that city be always content (I will make them forget their by telling them stupid jokes, and the one's that'll resist, well... though I never mentioned it I am a fascistic totalitarian libero-communist dictator in nature )

Or maybe D.S. Cathedral? (my initials)

I can play music on the organ (mostly like ross in "firends" )

Comment

Working...
                              X