Will Avatars ever return?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Avatars ever return?

I realize the site has been slow due to increased traffic. I understand that disabling avatars speeds things up. But are they gone for good? Or will avatars be back?
    To us, it is the BEAST.

some people seem to have them , some dont'....i do not at the moment
    Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Me neither...
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I haven't seen one for weeks. If you were seeing them then I was at the server busy page.

Comment

Just attach a pic of your avatar to every post you make.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Crunch
            Just attach a pic of your avatar to every post you make.

hi ,

dont do that , thats like a one way ticket to rahlcatraz , ......

have a nice day
            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

What would we do without you, eh, panag?
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Crunch
                What would we do without you, eh, panag?
                well, i know i wouldn't have so many good days without his reminders.
                "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I think if you have one of the sites' own avatars, you get a question mark. I rather like this and might try to keep it.
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

Tbh I'm more worried about outages than lack of avatars.

Comment

Yeah, me too, but they are nice...

(especially mine )
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I'm planning to change my Zero avatar to zero (from megaman to a japanese plane is what i mean). I hope avatars comes back soon!
                        :-p

Comment

Re: Will Avatars ever return?

Originally posted by Sava
                          I realize the site has been slow due to increased traffic. I understand that disabling avatars speeds things up. But are they gone for good? Or will avatars be back?
                          Why can't you look in other threads to find the answer? Even though I had a rather low opinion of you, I never thought it'd possibily get to the low level of a newbie.
                          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Avatars have been disabled for the time being, but not permanently -- they will return at some point as they have in the past. Given recent traffic load observations, if they stay more or less consistent as in recent days, I would say by the end of the first week of July avatars will at least make a brief re-appearance again. That is to say, the re-appearance will only be "brief" if a suddenly begun and prolonged, significant load on the server is generated thereafter.

----------
                            Dan; Apolyton CS
                            PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                            >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Thanks for the possible time-frame on the return of avatars.
                              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                              X