Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Civ2 Democracy Game- Exodus - Anyone Interested?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sirsnuggles
    In this game, what's the advantage I get by not joining a political party. I think you mentioned something about the IDF I know what that is in real life, but not in the context of this game.
    What yaroslav and I figured would be a good idea (just to get things set up, there can always be changes)would be to simulate something in the Israeli political system. Since in Israel a person cannot be in politics and in the military at the same time, we figured we would do that here. Basically, every political party has a list ranking their members of who goes to the knesset in what order in case they win seats in the election. The percentage of votes gotten is the percentage of seats that party wins in the knesset, so the members on their list are put as members of knesset in numberical order. If you want to be in the IDF either don't join a political party (you still of course get to vote) or join a party but make sure you are one of the last people on the list, so that in case your party does win a chunk of the seats in the knesset you will not be selected as a member of knesset. Most people will not end up in the knesset but rather in the IDF, so your chances of making it there if you are less than third on your party's list are very good.

Comment

• Originally posted by conmcb25
      Whats the name of the conservative party in Israel. You know the one that hates to negotiate anything with the Arabs.

Im going to be the founder of that one.
      When you get back, we should have a loooong talk

Comment

• Great, thank you EMU...but what exactly is the IDF? What role will they play in this game? What are the duties, privileges for a member of the IDF?
        No greater love has one than to lay down their life for a friend.

Comment

• IDF=Israeli Defense Force

I would imagine that the generals in the IDF would command the military in certain areas of Palestine, for example: the egyptian front, the golan heights, the jerusalem area, etc, etc.

Check out the Red Front demo game forum, the stavka thread for a working example of this.

EDIT: I was number 11 today to pm Dan

Comment

• Great, thank you EMU...but what exactly is the IDF? What role will they play in this game? What are the duties, privileges for a member of the IDF?

Well, one thing we must remember is that at the beginning of the scenario, the IDF doesn't exist yet. what exists is a large paramilitary organization, the Haganah, and a couple of what would some call terrorist groups. ( I really don't want to get into this debate). The army is still not separated from the political leadership. I mean, the military doesn't take part in forming the general strategy of the jewish population, but there are no ranks, only roles, etc. I'd say that the military commanders in the game should control parts of the map, and hold them under their responsibility. OTOH, it may cause confusion and create a lack of a well-directed strategy.
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

• Yeah, that sounds cool. I'd like to join the IDF, or the Haganah, or simply be a settler with a Tommy if that's all I can be.
              No greater love has one than to lay down their life for a friend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arthedain
                hmm.. I have never been in a diplomacy game but it's seems to be a lot of fun.. so where can I read about how it works? or can you guys tell me?

sooooooo nice of you guys to help me... *being sarcastic*
                "Peace cannot be kept by force.
                It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

• Originally posted by Arthedain

sooooooo nice of you guys to help me... *being sarcastic*
                  OOPS!

I didn't see this post.

I would look at the Red Front Demo Game. I assume this will be played very similar to that.

Several Front Commanders defending and attacking from there fronts, and an over all commander to start and finish a turn.

Then certain ministers in a Knesset to control economics and other areas that haven't been decided yet.

Just go ahead and join you can learn as you go thats what I did in the RF Demo game. (Which was my first one.)

Welcome!
                  *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• Originally posted by conmcb25

OOPS!

I didn't see this post.

I would look at the Red Front Demo Game. I assume this will be played very similar to that.

Several Front Commanders defending and attacking from there fronts, and an over all commander to start and finish a turn.

Then certain ministers in a Knesset to control economics and other areas that haven't been decided yet.

Just go ahead and join you can learn as you go thats what I did in the RF Demo game. (Which was my first one.)

Welcome!
                    Thanks conmcb25!
                    I think I will join this but I will be away from tomorrow until sunday. But I guess you guys can live with that I will PM DanQ right away!

Comment

• Government proposal

It doesn't seem like anyone has come out with a complete government proposal yet, so allow me to be the first

IDF
                      Generals only command troops, no cities and no zion workers unless specially worked out with the Minister of Infrastructure and settlement

Northern Front - Golan Heights and Lebanon
                      Judean Front - Haifa to Netanyah to Jerico to Tiberius
                      Jerusalem\South East Front - West Jerusalem to Eilat (stretching along the border with Jordan)
                      Gaza Front - Ashdod, Gevaram, Tekumah

KNESSET
                      Minister of Immigration - In charge of bringing in immigrants from Cyprus and Saudi Arabia
                      Prime Minister - Plays the end of turn, person in charge, appoints Generals
                      Minister of Infrastructure and settlement - Controls city build queues, and zion workers.
                      Minister of Economy and Science - Sets the science/tax/luxury rate approves all rushbuys. Manages the treasury

LESSER POSSIBLE OFFICES
                      Daily Haifa - Newspaper editor charged with generating stories about the game
                      Mossad - Efficiency experts, keeping track if cities are being optimally used?
                      Deputy Ministers - Fill in ministers that are absent, those on vacation, etc, etc.
                      Admiral - Not neccesary IMO since the minister of immigration controls the transports and our small navy can be controlled by the generals who have ships along their front

ORDER OF TURN PLAY

1st: Prime Minister
                      2nd: Northern Front
                      2nd: Judea Front
                      2nd: Jerusalem Front
                      2nd: Gaza Front
                      2nd: Minister of Immigration
                      2nd: Minister of Infrastructure and Settlement
                      3rd: Minister of Economy and Science
                      4th: Mossad (optional)
                      5th: Prime Minister

All of the positions that are noted as 2nd are interchangeable, they can be played in any order. Order will be maintained through use of a turn thread, where ministers and generals are allowed to sign in and sign out the save. See the Red Front Demo Game for example.

ATTAINMENT OF POSITIONS
                      Prime Minister - Every 6 game months, an election will be held. Votes of no confidence can occur at any time. Simple majority rules in both cases.
                      Generals - Chosen by the Prime Minister, serve at the Prime Minister's pleasure.
                      Knesset offices - Selected by Rpime Minister. (I imagine that some back room dealing will go on between parties to chose a Prime Minister, here's where the reward to the other party comes in).
                      Deputies - Selected by the office holder.
                      Mossad - Selected by Prime Minister, serves at his pleasure.

MY COMMENTS ON MY PROPOSAL:
                      -This may be a bit too ambitious for us, as of 12 hours ago, there were only 11 of us who had sent Dan a pm, and my plan calls for at least 8 positions.
                      -It's been a long time since I played this scenario, I may have completely butchered what a Front should be, in fact, they aren't really fronts since the enemy is all around us and between us, perhaps they should be called military districts instead...
                      -This isn't a revolutionary style of government I've set up exactly, most of it I've ripped from the Red Front Demo Game with a few changes. For other styles of civ2 government, check out
                      regular civ2 demo game
                      Military branch of Red Front DG government
                      Political side of Red Front DG government

-Oh yeah, if someone knows of a website that shows Israeli medals, we need to get someone working on adapting them for our game use, where we can award them to people who have distinguished themselves in our game. Check out the Red Front DG medals here

EDIT: we need to design a civgroup icon too

Comment

• Originally posted by panag
                        seems okay HT
                        Just okay? no comments on any of it?

, so any other proposals , .....
                        Yes, where are the proposals from those who wanted to start the game in the first place?

Comment

• Originally posted by H Tower

Yes, where are the proposals from those who wanted to start the game in the first place?
                          hi ,

it seems okay , meaning that you seem to have done your homework okay

yes indeed , where are those comments from the others , maybe they are waiting till we have all the people , .....

we still need a couple to join , ....

have a nice day
                          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

• Well... I would volunteer for the newspaper editor job. I was hoping there'd be something like that
                            Follow the masses!
                            30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

• Originally posted by H Tower

Since I'm a n00b @ demo-games I think your proposal seem very good. I think we need more players though.

Comment

Working...
                              X