Tank Hunters and Tank Destryers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank Hunters and Tank Destryers

When I went to Ronalliance.com it said that thr Romans had a tank hunter/tanks destryer units in the industrial and modern age. What are these units, and how come Romans dont have them? if they even exist pelase tell me what civ has them.

From what I've read on the forums, they were beta units that were removed for balancing purposes.

Comment

The Maya have a special heavy infantry unit in Modern/Informational that has a bonus against tanks. They tear through them.

Comment

I wish they still had those...

It's not like UU are a massive balance issue, and the Romans got shorthanded anyways with just 3UUs as of now... I hope they return in an XP...
        "War does not determine who is right, it determines who is left."

Comment

Having tanks is always better than tank destroyers. Tanks have a rotating turret, while tank destroyers have very limited aiming ability without turning the whole vehicle. Makes them primarily a Defensive weapon. Their historical use is to be a mobile, survivable anti-tank weapon. You would rarely have whole units of them.

On the scale of RoN of course (operational/strategic), even the tanks do not rotate their turrets, since the prefer to have their fronts to the enemy.

Comment

yeah well historically, but I have seen ron allience Show them as if they were like armored cars, but with big guns, which do turn by the way

Comment

ps. They were supposed t have zeppelins in the industrial

Comment

Yeah... that irked me a little too...

Comment

Yeah, they should add in the zeppelin. And add in more UU's. I love to play with Inca & Romans, but their UU's basically suck. So, please, Big Huge Games, give me more UU'S!!!

Comment

I'm sure a few nations will get 2 or 3 in an XP and almost all getting 1 (WHERE IS MY T-34 tank for the Russians! I wanted to fight Tigers VS T-34 but no luck...)

Comment

Actually the Mayan Recoilless Gun unit has the same basic bazooka advantage vs. tanks, but it also gets that advantage vs. all types of vehicals (seige and light cav included).
                      "I just nuked some poor bastard still in the Enlightenment age. that radioactive mushroom cloud sure enlightened his ass."
                      - UberKruX

Comment

Tank Destroyers/Tank Killers were removed because their name was misleading (I don't know why they didn't just change the name); they were replacements for the Armored Car/Armored Scout Car, which are not counters to the Tanks and were never meant to be.

Comment

I though that the TK/TD was ment to be on a even keel with Tanks, unlike regular Armored Cars which are weak to tanks.

Comment

Well, whatever the case was; I know that the Tank Killers/Destroyers were very weak against tanks and were basically just like the units they replaced (Amored Cars). (I played the Beta, and they were in it). If they had renamed the units but kept them in, it could've worked, but they decided to take them out. (I dunno: Citizen Killer/Destroyer sounds kinda dumb; though Artillery Hunter/Destroyer kinda sounds cool).

Comment

... though Artillery Hunter/Destroyer kinda sounds cool

That's IT!!! They need a special counter-battery fire type of artillery that automatically locates and targets enemy artillery!
                              What the MLRS specializes in IRL.

Comment

Working...
                              X