Connection Problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connection Problems?

I try to play multiplayer but when it says that it is attempting to connect. About 5 minutes later it says that it couldnt connect for unknown reasons. I have cable though???? I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO???

i also have both patches already installed

Do you have a router or firewall?
    cIV list: cheats
    Now watch this drive!

Comment

router and firewall i have heard of but i have no clue what they are

Comment

Well, you don't know what they are, you probably don't have them .

Firewall:
        A device that will block outside computers from directly connecting to machines on a private network, while still allowing these machines to connect to outside computers.

from a writeup at everything2.com.

Router:
        An electronic device used in computer networking which determines the next network point to which data (packets) should be forwarded toward its destination, in a process known as routing.

from a writeup at everything2.com.

Hope this helps, maybe you have one of these?
        Now watch this drive!

Comment

i dont know how or where to check if i have one of them. if i dont can i get one? and from where?

Comment

For the firewall: When your computer starts up, does a screen labeled something like "Norton Personal Firewall", "McAffee Internet Defender", "Blackice" or "ZoneAlarm" pop up?

For the router: do you share the internet account with more than one computer? Does the cable for the cable () plug directly into your cable modem and does the cable modem plug directly into your computer?

I doubt you have one, but a router or firewall could be the source of your problems. Were you able to play online before patching? what are the specifications for your computer?
            Now watch this drive!

Comment

I do have a norton virus protector but i dont think i have installed it.

and yes i was able to play bfore patching.

the specifications ill post later. im in a hurry to get some where

PS thanks for all of the help so far

Comment

Working...
              X