X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blitzkrieg - Awakening the Giant!

Blitzkrieg

Hello everybody!
    I've never been a real 'member' of the scenario league, but I would love to join you guys. My first contribution to the league, is
    as seen above, a scenario which I'm currently working on - 'Blitzkrieg - Awakening the Giant'. It begins in June 1941 ( when ww2 really became ww2 ) with the invasion of Mother Russia.

It's ment to be a multiplayer scenario suitable for PBEM-ing. The scenario is still very undone, but I have a good draft that I'm posting here. It's not a very revolutionising scenario, it's merely a scenario made to, hopefully, amuse the players . It's gigamap and the civs are, in playing order:

Imperial Japan
    Axis
    Neutrals
    USA
    British Commonwealth
    Nationalist China
    Soviet Union

+ Sinkiang (Neutral China) (Barbaric civ)

I've spent over 6 moths up to now in more or less silence, so it's funny to finally show my work to someone else. I've made most of the graphics myself and that can take quite some time!! If you guys could be so kind to open the sav-game and give me some feedback, that would be extremely useful. Feel free to comment on anything: graphics, unit balanceing, city placements...Anything! Please give me the last push over the finishing line

Thanks for taking the time!

Kobra (aka Eivind IV at CivFan)

THE FILE: BLITZKRIEG.ZIP
    THE FILE: BLITZKRIEG.ZIP
    Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Wow, it looks nice!!
    "This Nation has earned the right to Live." - Carl Gustav von Mannerheim

Comrade Patiskov Figiskovsky serving as Commander of the 2nd Ukranian Front and Member of the Stavka in RF DG!
    Current Medals: Valiant Labour Medal and Order of Glory and IRC medal

Comment

But Sinkiang wasn't that big!! And it was neutral, in the whole war.

Comrade Patiskov Figiskovsky serving as Commander of the 2nd Ukranian Front and Member of the Stavka in RF DG!

Comment

Also, Guam wasn't in Japanese hands yet.

Comment

You're completeley right about Guam. I didn't notice that one World record in responding to threads BTW. I don't think it took you more than 50 seconds. Congrats

And for some reason Sinkiang controlls Tibet

It's all taken care of! Thank you, FiGu! When will you Finish Front be ready?
          Last edited by Eivind IV; June 19, 2003, 15:27.

Comment

oh and the marshall islands!! or was they in the japanese hands???

Comment

Oh, and it shows 4000BC. what year does the scenario begin.

Sry that i post so many messages.

But very nice Scenario !!!!

Comment

It begins in June 1941. As said in the opening, the scenario is far (well, not really that far ) from done. I still have to fix little details like that

And yes, they did control the Marshalls...

Type as many messages as you like, whatever turns you on, dude

Comment

Oh, and Finnish Front is... coming soon....

And a question, which map are you using? im maybe intrested to use it in my next scenario. ill begin working on it after Finnish Front is done.

Put one Infantry to guard Luleå, The axis can take it in one turn

and a suggestion : put rostov instead of Krasnodar, it was more important during the war.

Comment

Some minors details I like/dislike

1) I like both the map and terrain graphics

2) The Russian citiziens appear as the citiziens of the ancient age in Civ2

3) You combine English names of cities (example: Mexico City, Peking) with native names of cities (Moskva)

4) If I recall it correctly, the Yakolev-7 was used much more than the Yakolev-9, and was nearly as dreaded as the former... Have you though in changing Yakolev-9 with Yakolev-7?

5) Alll civs appear to be able to build German ingenuity

6) I don't like the red brackground - I've some problems while reading the text boxes
                    Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

Looks groovy!

There can never be too many WW2 scenarios!

I'm sure this is going to be a great scenario once the beta tweaks are done!

Darn good work, Kobra!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                      http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks for responding and thanks for all the nice words!

All notes are taken into account, yaroslav! I'll se what I can do with it!

Could I ask for another favour? Could a kind sole make the title.gif into a working title? The Painshop Pro 8 certainly won't cooperate with me

And to the kind sole: While you're at it, could you also transform the bmp's to gif's?

Comment

Urm, you've missplaced Melbourne: it should be at 233,197 Port Morseby should also be moved to 238,142

BTW, the population of Derby wasn't more then a few hundred in 1941: you may want to leave it out
                          (I'd use the city this frees up to either add Adelaide (which is where Melbourne currently is), or Johannesburg, South Africa.)

There was also a rather strategically important road running through central Australia from Adelaide to Darwin, you may want to add this as well (there was a rail road from Adelaide to Alice Springs as well)
                          'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                          - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Thanks pointing these things out, Case. I apreciate it!

BTW, does anyone know what Mexico City is called in Spanish? Do they only call it México?

Comment

Isn't it called Cuidad Mexico or something like that?
                              Alexandr Yopov, Commander of the Murmansk front in the Red Front democracy game. Fighting for the glory of our marchal and the Rodina.

Comment

Working...
                              X