No announcement yet.

Favorite Race in MOM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The regular forces are only used for early exploration.
    To build better stuff capture cities and bring their settelrs to the underworld....
    Pentagenesis for Civ III
    Pentagenesis for Civ IV in progress
    Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
      That is why I play halflings, their super unit comes quickly, and with a little help their swordsmen are pretty decent also.

ACK!
      Good point about the swordsmen. With 8 figures they can deal some good damage when they are beefed up with spells/magic weapons/levels.
      He's got the Midas touch.
      But he touched it too much!
      Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander

Good point about the swordsmen. With 8 figures they can deal some good damage when they are beefed up with spells/magic weapons/levels.
        Also, the +10% luck adds to every roll they amke, and that helps a lot also.

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Yeah, halflings have a lot going for them, and are the ideal race for a fast start, IMO. Another strength not yet mentioned is that they are able to rule almost all of the other races with little or no unrest, so they can use paladins, berserkers, war trolls, or hammerhands in the late game.

Comment

I like the halflings but I prefer to conquer a city of them to playing them. Too limited for buildings and units in the long run for me.

Comment

imho, i think short term advantages are far more important than long term, because in the long term your heros (at least mine do) do all the fighting and can take out anything at any time.

i like races where the basic units can stand up to just about any random threat (dark elves, dracs, trolls, high elves, etc.) and can take out smaller nodes/ruins (elf longbowmen, berzerkers, rangers, slingers, etc.)

it takes too long to wait for one of the builder races to finish. one strategy i use is to put my home city on gold production after banks, and build up the smaller cities. usually, by the time i've won, my home city has finally completed the last building.

i also like races with long-term bonuses, like the additional mana/gold bonus from some races. those where the bonus is limited to only the early game (such as barbarian/lizard man growth bonus) aren't as useful, imho.

Comment

I am surprised that no one listed the dwarves - they are getting goldx2, resources x2, building bonus, and the hammerhands are very tough. You can expand very quickly. Try LLLL Archmage Warlord Myrran; 11th may go to Alchemy or a nature book for example. Pick Just Cause, Healing and Heroism. Concentrate on casting skill. Try getting your mana by alchemy. Cast the just cause as fast as you can and try to manage high taxes.

You can't imagine how much gold generate the dwarves with prosperity. If you can get Adamantium and Coal in one city then you can start pumping out very strong Hammerhands each turn.
                Last edited by bakalov; July 23, 2003, 02:28.
                Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

Originally posted by bakalov
                  I am surprised that no one listed the dwarves - they are getting goldx2, resources x2, building bonus, and the hammerhands are very tough. You can expand very quickly. Try LLLL Archmage Warlord Myrran; 11th may go to Alchemy or a nature book for example. Pick Just Cause, Healing and Heroism. Concentrate on casting skill. Try getting your mana by alchemy. Cast the just cause as fast as you can and try to manage high taxes.

You can't imagine how much gold generate the dwarves with prosperity. If you can get Adamantium and Coal in one city then you can start pumping out very strong Hammerhands each turn.
                  I mentioned them as my Myrror race in one of the first few posts. I like them for the extra gold and hammerhands just as you do. They are a little thin in unit types, but hammerhands are enough early on to whip some serious a$$.

Comment

I like the nomads and the barbarians the best. It's just kind of refreshing to play with groups that are not just standard Tolkienesque stuff.

Comment

Then shouldn't you be using Klackons or Lizardmen?

ACK!

Comment

Klackons just don't fit, and lizardmen, well, they're just the runt of the fantasy litter, really.

Comment

True, Klackons are better in MOO than MOM.

ACK!

Comment

I've had success with the Lizards, but I don't enjoy them as much as other races.

Comment

High men, draconians, dark elves. the latter 2 are myrran, so that's a downside.

Comment

I like very much the barbarians, since they have the thrown weapons. They act as an extra attack before melee combat.

Combine Ultra-elite adamantium spearmen with lionheart spell, and you've got yourself a killer
                                I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Working...
                                X