Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BHG Info: Feature Patch & Patch 3 Beta Plans

Hi All,

I wanted to make a quick announcement to let you know where we plan to go from here. Now that we've dealt with some of the initial release issues, we'd like the next patch to include some of the additional features that have been requested (e.g. automatchmaking, interface improvements, etc). We'd also like to address more thoroughly some of the sundry MP configuration issues that we haven't been able to reproduce in house. So here is our plan to do that:

Step 1: We're working on the new features now as well as any needed fixes that come up. I don't have the full feature and fix list right now, and I may not have it until the beta patch is ready.

Step 2: When we're finished, we'll run a public beta of the new patch. Anyone in the community who's interested and who has a retail copy of the game can participate. We'll have a separate lobby (and/or the auto-matchmaking lobby) for the patch beta.

Step 3: During the beta we'll want to work with any participants who are having specific connectivity and other problems so we can try to reproduce and resolve them. We'll also invite commentary and discussion on any new features; if some of the beta features turn out to create problems we may cut them.

Step 4: When the beta is finished and we're satisfied we have a really rock solid version, we'll make that the official "Patch 3".

So for right now, continue to send us any unresolved issues at forumsupport@bighugegames.com. When we're ready to do the Patch 3 beta we'll make an announcement.

Brian

Thanks Brian

Brilliant game, great support.

You should hop down to the civ 2 multiplayer forum some time and meet the battle hardened hard core
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Woohoo!

Comment

A public beta for a patch? Wow, you don't see those very often outside of MMORPG's.... cool.

I guess it makes sense after the last one.

It's nice to see BHG taking active steps to smooth out the process.
        If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

*hugs Brian*

*tries not to look gay*

all I can say is: woOt!
          Time to take out the trash. You know its easy but it seems harder every time you try and think about it.

Comment

Meanwhile at Firaxis...

"Public betas? The signal to noise ratio isn't worth the effort. The public actually likes bugs in the code, I can prove it. Blah blah blah. User error."

Glad you left that place to run things properly, Brian!
            I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

ya the attitude of those Firaxis people was unbelievable. I swear everyone in that company has Asperger's Syndrome.
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Yeah, good work...

Can ideas for additional features be still submitted?
                If yes where should they be sent to?

Comment

Brian,

Yes, great work so far in eliminating the problems with this great game.

I have started a thread in the "bugs" forum to collect minor bugs players are noticing, to have one place for BHG to look for these when preparing patch #3.

Maybe this thread is the place to suggest some new ideas for incorporation into patch 3. I will kick it off with a few things I'd like to see.

1. A quick way of dropping a unit or two from a group assigned to a key. I'd like to be able to drag a box around all units in an area, assign them to a key and then have a quick way to eject one or two members from this big group.

2. Others have mentioned this good idea. Have a way of selecting all damaged units in an area, so that they can be all retreated and/or garrisoned as a group.

Comment

THANK YOU BRIAN REYNOLDS NUKING IS SO MUCH FUN!!!
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

I don't know if this is possible Brian, but an in-game MP3 player would make this game even cooler than it is!
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Thank you Brian, excellent update!
                          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Working...
                          X