BEST assassin game EVER! Critique!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BEST assassin game EVER! Critique!

i just finished this seemingly impossible assassin game.

4 players
    my initial target was a continent away
    my assassin was right next to me! (i can see his border from the start!)

i managed to kill my assassin
    then got his assassin to quit
    finally i get to my target, i was 2 ages behind from all the fighting
    he and i have massive battles
    he stays ahead in tech, he gets AI!
    we exchange many nukes

he sacked one of my cities and was pushing toward my capital...
    i was barely holding on and couldn't muster anything to attack him
    somehow i win the game

watch the replay i guarantee you'll love it! especially the stragegy buffs

post comments please
    Attached Files

This is a good game actually. Quite interesting to watch. Its nice to see what should have been done with the hindsight that these recorded games gives u. The attrition looked to really sting. Nice holding off at the last bit to by the way.

One thing is that u really should of upgraded and generally researched more to keep up. Just one thing i noticed that u were lacking in. Outta curiousity is there any reason for this? Resources looked to be in order. Just busy with war a?

Did the other player just resign? Because the finish popped up for no reason i could see. Maybe i'm blind though.

Comment

you missed the most interesting bit at the end. i actually beat him, he didn't resign...

if you lock your view into my view near the end you can see what i did to beat him. i'm sure he felt the same way you did though, he just got defeated out of the blue

i watched the replay myself and i did notice there were times when i had excess resource but didn't research because i was too busy with battle. once i beat white the action just became non-stop

there was a stretch of time after i beat white when i had this big army and i really should have invaded green right there because he didn't have much. should have spied on him immediately. but as in assassin games i was always afraid my assassin would cheapshot me

Comment

assassin game, how does that work, never try before.

Comment

wow, that other guy must not have known what hit him.

to see what happened click examine the man and look at the other guys capital when the game ends. Quite slick i must say.
          When the stars threw down their spears,
          and water'd heaven with their tears,
          Did he smile his work to see?
          Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Comment

Yeah, that was pretty slick.

Although the guy had BOTH AI and Space Program, he should have been able to shut that down easily, if nothing by flooding with partisans while he scrambles to get some real troops in.

I know hindsight is 20/20, but I would have been suspicious if my capital got nuked.

Comment

i think he got desensitized to nukes because we used so many

the hard part was to clear his military presence around his capital. you may notice that the first time i tried the trick i ran into his troops and got killed. then i nuked his military buildings behind the capital before the final strike. the spy made sure there was nothing threatening. i'm pretty sure he didn't see me even though he had space program

i'll post future assassin games here, and probably on ronoracle as well

Comment

Now that was a dirty, dirty trick!
                cIV list: cheats
                Now watch this drive!

Comment

here's another assassin game. again i fall behind to a boomer

romelus vs. Flayer vs. 2 others

School of Mass Combat vs. High Tech Bombardment, who will reign supreme?

4 player assassin
                  only 1 major battle in this game (fast forward until Flayer builds the space program)
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X