Barbarian Rally/Surprise Attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbarian Rally/Surprise Attack

After a while Conquest becomes a little Monotonous & so, in CTW I thoroughly enjoyed the the short games in which you had to defend your Capital for about 15 mins. I am quite surprised that I can't re-create this kind of battle in the Options menu. (Similar, I suppose, to "Defend the Wonder/Commander" in AoK, etc ).

I tried "Barbarian at the Gates", hoping to enjoy the same kind of battle, but no joy.

In "Barbarain Rally/Surprise Attack" the ai just continually sends a stream of units to take down your Capital for 15 mins & it can get quite hectic & I love it.

Does anyone know how/if I can set this up?
    APATHY ERROR: Don't bother striking any key.

If you look around you on turn 1 on CTW,there are a number of options - some start nations on entering neighbouring provinces have barbarian hordes revolting against you but some have other tactical battles (Greece for example has a 5 minute to slay barracks behind Viking army on toughest)

There are several types - defend the city for 15 minutes, take a city in 5 minutes, take down a camp in 5 minutes, all great fun and vastly useful for bonus cards. 350+ of every type of resource in the next battle is huge.

Anyone know of any other kinds? Top scores ? In the information age the rewards are vast as your MLRS can achieve victory and take a city very quickly.

Comment

I'm trying to re-create "Barbarian Rally/Surprise Attack" in the Quick Battle games. I know how to find them in CTW, that's where I first encountered them, enjoyed them & thus want to be able to play this kind of battle in a 'Quick Battle'. Similar, to some extent, to "Regicide" or "King of the Hill" in AoK.

Sorry if I didn't make this clear. Thanks anyway Querulous for replying.

Anyone else?
      APATHY ERROR: Don't bother striking any key.

Comment

I'm afraid the only way to do this would be through the scenario builder. It is a pity that they did not include these options - but I'm fairly confident that they will include these options in a patch. Provides the game with so much more replayability, with little programming effort at all.

Comment

Working...
        X