• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great job Mark
    >>> El cine se lee en dvdplay <<<

Comment

Well done, well done

Thanks Mark
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Um.. Thank you Mark.
        Good job!
        Member of the Apolyton C3C DG-Team

Comment

Is it too late for me to join a team?

Comment

Nope, why would it be ?
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

dunno. not sure how along you guys are. You have nations already selected I see.

Comment

That doesn't matter. I assume, like all the other DGs, that all the teams will keep open membership.

(BTW, if you like food, Team Tabemono might interest you. )
                meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Speaking of open membership...

Are any of these teams looking for another player?

Sorry for the post in the SAVE GAME thread...

Anyway, a little about me:

I own every Civ game and started playing the original Civ in college...I guess that was around 1990.

I am a big fan of PTW, but I believe that it still has some serious issues--most of which can be mitigated by playing against all humans.

I prefer the longer, epic games to the elimination, pseudo-RTS style that seem to be prevalent on the ladders. In my opinion, Civ SHOULD be a LLLOOONNNGGG game to develop the depth and history of a nation.

My typical settings:

Huge map
                  Random Geography
                  Raging Barbs
                  Monarch

This will be my first Demo Game experience and I am looking forward to experiencing Civ in a new way.

If anyone is interested, please reply (here or email). I would also like to know a little about your team and its members.

Sincerely,

Tom

Comment

Tom,

We at Cake or Death are not exactly overflowing with active members at the moment.

Our team is dedicated to the humour of Eddie Izzard, a slightly-obscure-but-very-funny English stand-up comic and our civ is, appropriately, the English. However, due to the lack of cultural penetration by Mr Izzard in the civ-playing community, appreciation of his art is not now necessarily a pre-requisite for being a member.

Probably more important is a GSOH, a broad appreciation of different playstyles, a sound knowledge of game mechanics, and a readiness for the challenge of playing probably the weakest civ in the box in a Demo game with strong player opponents.

Check out our team thread (linked above) for more and PM our leader Arrian if you're interested. Our main aim is to have fun, and to play well doing so.

Comment

So with FP leaving is Arrian the official leader of Cake Or Death now?

Comment

Yes he is, I asked the admins to transfer my mod powers to him and they did so earlier this week.
                        If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Excuse me, but, the mod powers could be transfered? .. I think not...
                          Fortune and Glory, here I come!!!.
                          Indiana Jones
                          Spanish Empire Civ for Civilization 5 (in Spanish/en Español)

Comment

Of course they could be transfered. What are you talking about?
                            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

lol I can post here LOL
                              Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                              Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Working...
                              X