Vox Public Announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vox Public Announcement

Given the events of the last while, Vox Controli would like to make a statement to the world.

First to the nation of Gathering Storm. We publicly acknowledge our fault, and our treachery in starting this war. Devious methods were used at the start of the war to gain the advantage of surprise. We recognize fully the cost of the war to your nation - despite the fact that it was a rather one-sided event.

Therefore we officially and publicly apologize to Gathering Storm.

We also apologize for our recent attempts to sway world opinion, which although based on desperation and a faint hope, were nonetheless slanderous towards Gathering Storm.

We would also like to congratulate you on your military victory. It was brilliant from start to finish. I am afraid "Immortal Beloved" is destined to be a chapter in "The Worst Military Disasters of the Last 6000 Years" - thankfully a long time from being published.

To the other nations of the world - Vox thanks you for your support, in whatever form it has taken over the last number of turns.

Vox is defeated.

On a personal note - I apologize for my role in the tone of the public conversations over the last few days. I do this for fun, as do we all, and although our intentions over the last week were strictly 'in-game', the personal nature of the democracy game itself makes that a difficult road to navigate.

So - as I believe I said in an earlier response, I bear no malice towards GS. I have the utmost respect for them and their members (especially after the butt kicking we just received). I am sorry that the tensions in the game have led to more ill will than was intended.

I wish them - and all the teams - the best of luck in this game.

Sincerely - Beta.

(and I bet when you first read the title of this thread - you said to yourself - "Ah no! Not another Vox public announcement!" Well, it may the last for a long time. )
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Thank you, Beta.

/me bows in respect.
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Despite our recent differences, a big thumbs up for this post. It witnesses fairness and sportsmanship. I accept your apology (for myself) and apologize for any form of sarcasm I might have shown towards you and your team in the period of our tensions. The members of our team will see this similar, I'm sure.

But there is a question left. What concrete consequences does Vox face? What means "defeat"? Surrender? Voxodus? Or what?

Comment

Don't be so hard on your troops or your tacticians. Your tactics were brilliant in many regards, and the overall campaign was a very near thing to disaster for GS.

Comment

/me shakes Beta's hand and offers to to join him for a beer, or two, hmm, ok three then, that's it though. What? onz vor de rood, owkey. Thatzs zit thou, the misssssesss is waitin'. ohh bugggeer it, zhe'z goonnnna be pizzed of anywayy, damn women, who needz thme anywayy héy.Let'zz ged pizzzedd. I love ya you khnow, you r lik a brodder to meee. olé olé olé we ar the champions....

anyway
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Beta,

Not only that I acknowledge your apology, but I greatly appreciate it. Sir Ralph couldn't have put it better, IMHO: it witnesses fairness and sportsmanship. I would also like to apologize for the harsh PM that I have rencently sent you - in the last few days, I have come to understand more about Vox Controli than ever since the beginning of the game (pity, though, that I needed to witness this unfortunate turn of events to realize all that).

However, I don't want this to be the last public announcement from Vox. Many were correct to point out that this game is intended primarily for fun - and I can testify that the war, while having its downfalls, was the most fun part of the game for me so far, both in-game (fun was not as much in seeing our troops succeed in combat as it was in planning their movements; oh boy, that was so much FUN) and out-game (the poems, the Grog jokes, the fake pictures, the al-Sahaf reports and so on).

Surely there is plenty more fun to be had in this game. I take it that we will have the island to our own soon, but only the Almighty Chicken in the Heavens knows when war might break out on Bob, or when we might be invaded by a fleet from abroad. But regardless, there are many challenges in builder/culture mode as well.
            Vox will have a new neighbour (I take it that it shall be Lego Land), and I'm sure that you will have a lot to teach to each other. Vox can teach Lego about war with civilized enemies ( , but it's true, so far they only got to fight barbarians), and Lego can teach Vox the ancient lore of Geometry (which they have applied into the Pyramids ).

Beta,
            I wish you will have as much fun out of this game in the future as I intend to have.

Best regards and wishes,
            Shiber.
            "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
            And the truth isn't what you want to see,
            Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
            - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Lego can teach Vox the ancient lore of Geometry
              Ancient lore? Hell, all Legomen are born with a knowledge of geometry! When you're shaped like a ****ing block, you just understand these things by nature
              Last edited by ZargonX; June 15, 2003, 14:16.
              I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

I believe that the doctrine of social interlocking is also hereditary knowledge to the people born in Lego Land
                Edit: sorry, I realized that I'm threadjacking Beta's thread
                "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

This is about the last thing I ever expected.

Wow.

Beta, thank you for this. I'm stunned.

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

But there is a question left. What concrete consequences does Vox face? What means "defeat"? Surrender? Voxodus? Or what?

An official peace proposal was sent via the diplomatic channels.
                    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Beta:
                      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Apology accepted, Beta.

I have sensed that you intended having fun when starting with the Voxian war report, and despite what has happened since then (and perhaps due to that, in a sense), I heartedly accept your apology.

On the brilliant manuever part- I wasn't here when this war started, but believe me when I say, that in certain, alot of talks about GS's "final stand" were made...

War is indeed a dirty and painful experience when fought between humans, and I'm glad this one is over (sorry to disappoint the StormHawks ).
                        Save the rainforests!
                        Join the us today and say NO to CIV'ers chopping jungles

Comment

This post nearly brings a tear to my eye. Very well written Beta.

Despite what I have myself have said, I still wish your team the best of luck.

Whatever happens, I still hope you and your members play an active role in the game (whether Vox remains around or not).
                          First Civ3DG: 3rd and 4th Term Minister of Public Works. | Second Civ3DG: First Term Vice President | ISDG: Ambassador in the Foreign Affairs Ministry | Save Apolyton! Kill the Off-Topic Forum!

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
                          The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)

Comment

Beta. It is good to see that peace has returned between Vox and GS and you and GS, maybe not ingame, but out-of-game-peace is more important than that, no, most important.

I think that GS will soon rule the Voxian Lands. Perhaps the Voxians want to participate in ruling their lands but then under another flag? Perhaps Beta, you can become GS's Minister of Desinformation?

Whatever the Voxians decide to do, good luck, and don't forget to let us know something of you from time to time.

Aidun
                            "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
                            Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Comment

Thank you, Beta.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                              X