Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to solve the corruption problem of distance definitively?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to solve the corruption problem of distance definitively?

Hi,

I'm playing the HUGE World map.
    And I have a HUGE problem.
    The problem is CORRUPTION !

Yes yes, I did the "sicret Palace" (I don't remember the english name...) in a right position and varius city improvements and the police station of course, and all my cities are connect to the capital...

But the cities far from the capital or the "secret palace" are full of corruption! I don't care money... But the shields are all red less one or two!!
    That make me creasy.

EDIT: Ah, yes. I'm in democracy for sure... /EDIT.

So: How to manipulate the right file to mod the corruption level?

I hope u understand what I mean.

Thanx!
    Last edited by Darth Balrog; June 12, 2003, 20:45.
    Darth Balrog aka NIM
    AEtas: Carpe Diem, quam minimum credula postero.

If you have the PTW, you can just change it in Civ3edit and go into edit rules. Then you just go into difficulty levels and somewhere there should be a slider that you can put to 0% corruption, if that is what you want. Personally I play with 10%, thinks it a bit too much and moving it downwards.

If you just have Civ3, then you can go into Civmod and edit the rules. This time though you will have to go into World sizes and change the variable for optimal number of cities. Unfortunatelly I have read somewhere, I think that is, that this is the number of cities that the AI goes for, so expect them to pump alot of settlers out and keep on pumping.

If I'm writing utter crock, then I hope some decent soul out there will find it in his/her heart to point me at the error of my ways.

Comment

yes, in PTW it is very easy with the editor as you stated (i believe). i always play huge map and the last two games i actually lowered corruption to zero... although i think the AI civs still have regular corruption, i see that when i investigate cities, so be careful...
      I use Posturepedic mattresses for a lifetime of temporary relief.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Chubby
        If you have the PTW, you can just change it in Civ3edit and go into edit rules. Then you just go into difficulty levels and somewhere there should be a slider that you can put to 0% corruption, if that is what you want. Personally I play with 10%, thinks it a bit too much and moving it downwards.

If you just have Civ3, then you can go into Civmod and edit the rules. This time though you will have to go into World sizes and change the variable for optimal number of cities. Unfortunatelly I have read somewhere, I think that is, that this is the number of cities that the AI goes for, so expect them to pump alot of settlers out and keep on pumping.

If I'm writing utter crock, then I hope some decent soul out there will find it in his/her heart to point me at the error of my ways.
        No, I don't have Play The World.
        I just have Civ III.

What is Civmod?

OK, I found it ! ...and I mod it. THANX !

EDIT: Ah! One more thing: I can mod the corruption level of my game without re-start it?

... No. U can't. /EDIT
        Last edited by Darth Balrog; June 17, 2003, 11:31.
        Darth Balrog aka NIM
        AEtas: Carpe Diem, quam minimum credula postero.

Comment

Working...
        X