Help me with English, please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me with English, please.

People, i need to write in some ****ing doc. , that Lego helps people to advance their geometric skills and 3D imaginatioin... How to write this in normal English language?
    money sqrt evil;
    My literacy level are appalling.

Just that line in coherent English? Rephrasing what you said :

Lego helps children to improve their geometry and 3-D spatial awareness skills.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

"spatial"

I love this word, it sounds so smart yet simple.
      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

"improve the skills of spacial coordination and relation"?

SP
        I got the Jete from C.C. Sabathia. : Jon Miller

Comment

Well, isn't that spatial?
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Big Crunch's sentence is perfect.
            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

People, is it spaCial or spaTial?
              money sqrt evil;

Comment

The world's leading online dictionary: English definitions, synonyms, word origins, example sentences, word games, and more. A trusted authority for 25+ years!

The world's leading online dictionary: English definitions, synonyms, word origins, example sentences, word games, and more. A trusted authority for 25+ years!

They are both right, isn't English great!
                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

What is UK English and what is US English?
                  money sqrt evil;

Comment

They are acceptable in both US and Standard English, but spacial is the less commonly used variant in both, to my knowledge.
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Yep, agreed. I'd always use spatial.
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

As far as I can remember I've only every seen "spatial" used, so I think it'd be best to go with that one. While spelling it with a C is technically correct it's more likely that people will think it's a spelling mistake ... even though it's not.
                        If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
                          As far as I can remember I've only every seen "spatial" used, so I think it'd be best to go with that one. While spelling it with a C is technically correct it's more likely that people will think it's a spelling mistake ... even though it's not.
                          Use the 'C', let your teacher mark it as an error, then correct her in front of the whole class
                          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I didnt play with LEGO as a child (too expensive), it's probably why I have consistently scored very low in the spatial relationship sections on various tests . The funny part about that is that I can see 3D objects in my mind quite well, but I cant mentally manipulate 2D jigsaw puzzles (I dont do those either).
                            We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                            If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                            Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                              Use the 'C', let your teacher mark it as an error, then correct her in front of the whole class
                              Yup, I used to do stuff like that all the time. One of my favourites was to intentionally use 'therefor' where it could be possible to use 'therefore' as well. They always fall for that one

Of course, in real life one would want to avoid such confustion but messing with teachers is always fun...
                              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
                              X