Transport Giant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transport Giant

This website is for sale! transportgiant.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, transportgiant.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Yes, it looks as though we'll be getting what looks to be an unofficial sequel to Transport Tycoon, one of the GREATEST GAMES EVER. Jowood is developing this one, and the graphics look outstanding. Plus there's 100 more years of gameplay, going all the way back to 1850 and a lot more industries and such.

I have high expectations for this, so I'll probably be disappointed, unfortunately. Anyways, mark this one down as a game I'll be closely following the development of.

Also in Transport Tycoon-related news, I read on another forum that Firaxis may in fact have the rights to Transport Tycoon.

Sounds interesting... though I must admit, I've never really played Transport Tycoon
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I did and it got somewhat boring towards the end. And the games took forever to finish...

Comment

Looks pretty cool. I never played Transport Tycoon, either. Maybe I'll hunt down a copy and give it a spin.

Comment

Re: Transport Giant

Originally posted by ixnay
          This website is for sale! transportgiant.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, transportgiant.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Jowood is developing this one

Oh well.
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Yep, that was my reaction too Osweld. I don't really trust JoWood. Hopefully they won't mess it up too badly.
            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Could be worse; could be Quicksilver.

Comment

Well I did like Transport Tycoon but it must be said it had the worst AI in history. Most of the comp players did things like build airports where they couldn't pick up any passengers and mostly went bankrupt in the end.

Comment

It seems more like a mixture of traffic giant and industry giant2. Both of which i found a bit dry. Transport Tycoon just seemed to have that extra something that made it feel a bit more than a spreadsheet.

Comment

Looks good, a bit like an old Maxis game (cant remember what it was called) I used to love to play as you got to see the land and buildings develop around your station, you could build office buildings and other things like ski slopes. Ive played Railroad Tycoon but it got a bit boring for me after id made it to a medium size railway.

I'd like to see Transport Tycoon with a multiplayer option (think all games should be multiplayer - I hate AI's), do you know if it will have one - oh and when is it due out??

Comment

Barley, you're thinking of A-Train by Maxis.
                      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

A-Train was great, but at some point my disks got corrupted
                        "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                        -Joan Robinson

Comment

You have to admit, it does look good:

Boeing 707 flying over canyon

Comment

What's with the western theme?
                            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

The site says they're going to have seperate US and European scenarios. I'd say most of the stuff they're showing is just screens from the west.

Comment

Working...
                              X