Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floppy Disks working then not working 30 secs later!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floppy Disks working then not working 30 secs later!

Since no one looked at my Kodak picture disk problem, maybe this will get some attention for a secondary problem that came up...

I put the floppy disk in and it ran the program... no problem... i then exist the program and try to run it again, but i am told the exe is not found. NOTHING happened to the disk at all... i simply exited the program and then tried to run it again.

what is wrong and what can i do to fix it?
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Dude, your computer sucks .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Death to the floppies! They are crap!
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Imran...

this **** is killing me... ever have something weird happen and it's really not that big of a deal but you can't understand it at all? And you get so annoyed and fixated on it... thats whats going on with me now... i can't understand how this could possibly happen... it makes no sense...
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Asher:

you computer wizard... what could be wrong?

Comment

upping this real quick in case i get banned...

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer
              Asher:

you computer wizard... what could be wrong?
              Place the floppy disk on top of your harddrive, then use the biggest magnet in the house to draw small circles over it.

The forcefield from the harddrive coupled with the magnet will kickstart the floppy.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Oh, for the love of... *Sigh*

Speer, don't do what Asher just said!
                The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

What?

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer
                    upping this real quick in case i get banned...
                    Gee, now why I wonder would that be a concern...
                    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

DRoseDARs:

MTG: I was tempted to tag him on the last one, but figured you were on duty, so why bother
                      Ming: Feel free if you wish... as far as I"m concerned, he is just asking for a restriction

but asher... come on... seriously, if you know how to fix the disk, please tell me. I'll appreciate it greatly.

thanks

Comment

Are you still able to see the files in Windows Explorer or have you completely lost access to the floppy ?
                        What?

Comment

If in doubt, run scandisk. If your disk is scragged, try downloading the drivers from the manufacturer. Your floppy drive might also be scragged, so try reading another disk in it. If that doesn't work, you can buy another floppy drive for very cheap.
                          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

First thing to do - check to see if the program is still on the floppy.

There's some strange crap I saw lately - a floppy diskette drive could see the directory but could not load the files.
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I hate floppy disks...I put the things anywhere near me and they seem to mess up
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X