Graphics Issue....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics Issue....

Great.....another "issue." Doesnt life suck? Anyway, I have some major graphics issues. For starters, I have a Nvidia GeForce 4, 64.0mb graphics card that I just installed into my computer and RoN has been giving me some wacky graphics problems.

1) Caravans and merchants do not upgrade their "skins" as ages progress, same with citizens. And upon reaching the Industrial Age they SHRINK into midgets!? whats up with that?

2) There are no boat reflections in the water. (Reminder: I have all the latest drivers for my GeForce and everything is on its highest detail settings).

3) Machine gunners and the like dont walk, they sort of float without moving their legs.

4) The graphics downright SUCK!

HELP me, I havent a clue what the problem is!
    Last edited by Republic_Outlaw; June 9, 2003, 10:18.

ANYONE???

Comment

You know what? Apolyton has horrible service. You could answer a simple I dont know instead of me checking every 2 hours to see if somebody actually posts anything. And to top it all off, you just lost a member, **** you!

Comment

o my gosh! republic, i have exactly the SAME problem, and exactly nobody answers!!!my graphics are even more seriously messed up! and worst of all nobody anwers!

Comment

PS> go to heavengames or ronoracle, they have a MUCVH MUCH better service

Comment

Um, dudes. This is a community forum, not burger king. We don't get paid to help you. Oh my god, we lost someone who whines about service! If you give your e-mail address (no spam, really) the site will send you an e-mail whenever someone replies to a message.

As to your issue, it's clearly listed under videocard problems on the official site, riseofnations.com
            Last edited by MattH; June 11, 2003, 15:58.
            cIV list: cheats
            Now watch this drive!

Comment

Originally posted by MattH
              Um, dudes. This is a community forum, not burger king. We don't get paid to help you. Oh my god, we lost someone who whines about service!

You should be a mod.

If you give your e-mail address (no spam, really) the site will send you an e-mail whenever someone replies to a message.
              Well that depends on the options people set in their control panel, but yes it's perfectly possible for people to receive e-mail notification when someone replies.
              If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by Republic_Outlaw
                You know what? Apolyton has horrible service. You could answer a simple I dont know instead of me checking every 2 hours to see if somebody actually posts anything. And to top it all off, you just lost a member, **** you!
                If you're here to complain, then it's not a loss, when you're gone... You didn't even give a day, for someone to help you, before you started shouting about it...

If this was the officially Ron board, then there might be something in your complain... but it's not, this is mainly a Civ site, not a Ron site...
                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

You should be a mod.
                  Darn straight

Also, try reinstalling RON and updating your graphics card drivers.
                  cIV list: cheats
                  Now watch this drive!

Comment

i think they're gone...
                    B♭3

Comment

a lot of these issues... seems like you can answer them either with:
                      RTFM, or ignore them because it's due to OE.
                      B♭3

Comment

eureka i fixed it! Go to rise 2 ini. in the rise of nations main directory, open it, its a word notepad file, change all the 4 (you will recognise them, they are right below each other) Gpu Graphics overrides from auto to A (highlight auto, delete it, and type capital A). This may (or may not) degrade your performance, It made my perfornmance much better, and it fixes all your problems. Save, exit, open RoN and enjoy! mmmmm burger King

Comment

Working...
                        X