Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MAPS: Multiplayer Maps - two really good ones!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAPS: Multiplayer Maps - two really good ones!

PTW Multiplayer – Two really good maps that I am really excited about! Plus an extra.
    Fair for multiplayer of course...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Continental Drift - Fair MP map for 6 players
    (The one I am most excited about!)

People make great world maps. There is only one problem with using them in a PTW multi-player game. It will take 3 ½ to 4 hours to Navigation to get to the other side. If only the continents were closer. Hey – they once were!
    A good theme for a map.

So I have tried to simulate the state of the world millions of years ago. That’s about it for accuracy though. It looked good for about 6 players for a few hour game. I spaced the starting civs out, distributed terrain and resources somewhat per our modern world. Of course everyone gets basic strategic resources and some luxuries. Don’t play with more or less than 6 players – or it will be less than fair. In that spirit, those with a little more land got less of something else. The actual amount of land someone gets will depend more on what direction he chooses to place his first cities in. A small map with no x or y-direction wraps; no need for them. No rule changes.

For Geographic, tectonic, geologic or palentologic experts out there – save it. I have tried to take the concept and warp things as necessary to achieve a nice, fair and playable map. North America is too big, so is India. Antarctica is too small. I admit it! Land size doesn't match city size..etc... I play for fun.

Finally, if you play for more than six hours straight you will notice that the continents are actually slowly drifting apart as time passes. “How did he do that?”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Galley Blocks and Bridges Game Board – 4 players or 2vs2
    (I am pretty excited about one too.)

Tiny Map with 4 start locations with both x and y wrap. Each player has roughly equal land, strategic resources and luxuries. First cities have wonderfully good stary locations. A narrow channel separates the land masses. This makes an interesting twist to the usual game. Civilizations that get alphabet early could have an advantage, but there are a few goody huts about - so everyone has a chance to get those techs early. Water craft can easily be used to block internal waterways or to make bridges for troops to go across.

It will be fun for 2vs2, although I haven't tried it that way yet.
    Teams should be East vs West, or North vs South, or two partners won't be able to meet until they have galleys. If you do it the way I say you will just have to go to the edge of your continent and yell to your partner what techs you want to trade. Map making will arrive very quickly with that method. You should have maybe 30 turns to just expand wildly. Then I predict there will be moveable "bridges" popping up all over.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Choke & Attrition Game board - short 2vs2 or 4 player elimination
    (This is one of my early maps - I just updated and included).

Roughly equal land and resources on a tiny map. Lots of choke points on land and water with valuable real estate and luxuries beyond. Specially made for elimination games. Early strategic resources are in each persons area. Later ones such as saltpeter, rubber, aluminum, etc... are in the middle area. Deliberately made small for lots of possibilities for contact and action. Because I made it for elimination, the choke points are very strong, so it could be a predictable game untill galleys enter the picture.

Enjoy them all please,
    Dave (Thumpper)

(A readme file is included in zip)

Attached Files

I updated the Continental Drift map with some suggestions for several other players.

It is even more fair!
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X