Can't load replays...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't load replays...

When I go into the load replay screen, I see FOUR replays for today (Strange... I've only played twice (Same game), and haven't reloaded)... but nomatter which one I choose, nomatter which day I choose... the only replay I see, is the last 2 seconds of my last game
    This space is empty... or is it?

Last edited by Adagio; June 8, 2003, 13:55.

Comment

Nobody else, who had experienced this problem before?

Comment

Don't know if this will help.

I had a problem with loading replays (MP). The error message was: "unknown net command ...". Found the problem was missing DirectX (DirectPlay 8 Interface) registries. Reinstalled (DX9.0a) and now they load find.

Could yours be file system problems (try ScanDisk) or terribly fragmented HDD (Disk Defrag)?

Comment

I have DX9.0 so I can't upgrade (and it's hell to reinstall DX)... maybe I should try scandisk, even though I believe it don't believe it'll change anything...

Comment

Well I already installed DX9.0a when the problem occured. Got the hint when I couldn't play MP (network not found). I ran DxDiag and found problems with DirectPlay (several missing registries). I just installed DX9.0a (the second time) and problem solved.

Your problems sounds like a corrupt file. I've recently had a problem with my HDD. Never noticed anything until it hit the registry files, then I couldn't start my WinXP. Don't buy IBM (now sold to Hitachi) HDD. When I ran ScanDisk it found no problem. Until I did a thorough surface scan. Bad sectors all over the place.

Don't panic. May not be relevant at all.

Do you run any program that may have anything to do with writing to HDD (caching, write-late, or similars)?

BTW play a game and post the replay. Let's see if I can load it here.

Comment

Hmm... strange, it works now... let's see for how long...

Comment

Hmmm... doesn't work anymore...

I just finished a game today, have been playing this game for some days now... Here's the last three replays I have:

Can you get those working?

Comment

I couldn't load them either. Couldn't even get to the "briefing screen" before the game.

Comment

Working...
                  X