Recorded Game: DarthVeda 3v3 Random Teams Late-Game Victory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recorded Game: DarthVeda 3v3 Random Teams Late-Game Victory

Last night some friends egged me into playing a game for their entertainment (they were watching me from my computer), so I signed onto a 3v3 random team game on Gamespy.

I had the mongols, as did one of my allies -- red (to the east), and I can't remember what my western ally had since he was useless anyway. I think it was the turks.

This game is a perfect example of how surgical strikes with your forces can win the game. I also make use of the ultra-fast mongol rush at the beginning.

Ancient Age: Not much happened for me here. I built up my original city and got ready for the Classical Age. I sent a citizen to the edges of my border closest to the enemy. I sent my scout out to the North to try and find some random enemy. I end up finding the most powerful guy on their team so that's good.

I tried to draw a smiley face with arrows but that was considered spam by RoN

Classical Age: I begin by researching military 2 and start building two stables, making sure that neither one gets done before I get military 2. As soon as I get each set of cavalry I send them off to yellow.

In the meantime I build a dock and a new city and immediately start fishing the high seas. This ends up being important since I end up being the only one to take advantage of the ocean. This can be a great advantage kiddies, and especially is one for me since I never noticed that I DID NOT ONCE BUILD A TEMPLE -- eek!

I end up killing a few yellow villagers and causing him to ring the town bell, he kills two of my archer cavalry so I go and repeat the process with blue, killing a few precious villies. Meanwhile I begin mining operations @ home.

Blue chases me out with a few light cavalry so I head over to green and repeat the process again.

@ Home I start building some universities and markets, graineries, and all those economic support buildings. I start thinking about my need for a 3rd city since I'm low on knowledge and not winning the tech race.

I found my third city on the edge of my border, bringing me closer to the middle, and Blue (enemy) advances to the Medieval age. Since I don't have the knowledge to do so yet, I begin the colossus (which I finish).

Medieval Age: I build a market and a university at my 3rd city, so you can see why I never noticed I needed taxation from a temple that never existed. At this point I had about 7 fishing ships. I start thinking about military here, but more about advancing. I built my first castle to protect my 3rd city and finished my first barracks.

Gunpowder Age: Obviously I was the first to the gunpowder age. Yellow gets a jump on me by starting the Terra Cotta Army. I decided I wanted that wonder too, so we both race to get it done. He eventually decided he couldn't win that race and gave up.

I sent out a bark to find more fishing places for me. I don't know where it eventually ended up but it scouted the whole ocean without incident. I started building my 4th city near my ally red. At the moment, he and I are both in the gunpowder age and orange (the useless) is in the medieval age. He doesn't go past medieval until I send him 500 gold and tell him to age (when we are all in enlightenment I might add).

At this point, yellow sends in a cavalry raid (4 guys) on my 3rd city. He runs away before he does much of anything. I replace the merchant he destroyed in short order.

My ally red jumps up to enlightenment real quick and begins an attack on Blue (who is right above him). He takes one city and then yellow saves blue. Blue did a nice from-behind maneuver that was thwarted by red's quick thinking cavalry.

Enlightenment Age: First thing I do is send orange some cash since he's still in the Medieval age (good fat lot of good it did in the end though). Green began his attack on orange at the same time. Green was in gunpowder but was headed to enlightenment at the time of attack, so I knew it was over for Orange the stupid.

I really didn't have an army to go help him out with, and I sent what soldiers I had to keep purple from getting counter-attacked after yellow smashed his original attack. I sent whatever I could produce and whatever Terra Cotta gave me to fend off green though. I also bribed a few of his units with the spies I had running about.

Since orange is screwed I built up my defenses on my border with orange (mostly with towers).

At this point, I'm in enlightenment, Red (ally) is in industrial, yellow (enemy) is headed for industrial, green (enemy) is in enlightenment, blue (enemy) is in the gunpowder age, and orange (ally) is in the gunpowder age too, but with medieval age units.

While orange builds nothing but canons (for some reason), I send whatever infantry support I can to help him out. And I start advancing to the next age. Blue and red are busy duking it out and yellow is nowhere to be seen (yet).

Industrial Age: Almost as soon as I get into this age, Orange loses his first city (one of three including the capital). According to the histograph at the end, this is about the point in the game which it turns around for us, but you wouldn't know it by what goes on.

By this point in time I've founded my fourth city and I've grabbed the new resources that pop up in the industrial age (Uranium, Titanium, and of course oil).

Orange is a lost cause so I send a sizeable force to keep red in the game while I continue my march of progress. I don't forget about orange though so I keep him in with piecemeal reinforcements.

Now I start thinking about how we're going to win this game. I decide that a wonder victory might work nicely, so I start construction on the Statue of Liberty (yes I've decided that this is a must-have wonder). No attrition and free unit upgrades are pretty nice, let me tell you.

Unfortunately red is not making a whole lot of progress against blue and orange is still in the gunpowder age. I begin advancing to the modern age (and get there about 6 minutes ahead of my nearest opponent).

At this point yellow launches a huge counter-offensive against red's completely undefended western region (oops was I supposed to be covering that?). Till now all the attacks had been against blue or through blue in the far east.

Modern Age: Yellow captures red's far western city and I send in piecemeal attacks to keep the advance from continuing while red deals with it. I start construction on two more auto plants in the meantime while the SoL is still under construction.

Here is where I begin work on my two missile silos. I finish the SoL and red counter-attacks yellow with his forces that had been on the blue front. Red's counter-attack dies but eliminates yellow's army but without retaking the city. At the same time, blue launches an attack on that front so it's starting to look bad for red. I start researching nuclear weapons.

Red: Build more army pls purple.
    Red: I am almost dead.
    At this point, orange the stupid sissy (his name was "Swissy" afterall) resigns. I hate that so much, especially since I had been expending a large effort to keep him in the game. I was understandably upset.

DarthVeda: Mother ******
    I finish researching nuclear weapons. At this point in time I have a nuclear monopoly if I want it, so I start building two nuclear missiles. I'm also trying to muster enough of an air force to shoot down all of yellow's stupid biplanes before they advance into something more menacing. Yellow starts to advance to modern.

[quote]

Red: Make more barracks, stables etc

[quote]

Sounds like a good idea, so I start building two more barracks.

Red: One isn't enough
    Now I have two nukes. I launch them at two "big looking cities." Only after watching the replay did I notice their immediate effect. Before the nukes, yellow was cranking out about +400 metal. My nukes reduced that to about +140. That's a pretty big hit folks, especially when you need metal so badly in the modern age.

Yellow is now in the modern age, and I'm building two more auto plants. Red is on the ropes. He is being hit by a big yellow attack and a big blue attack simultaneously. He's still in industrial.

I've managed to keep green away from orange's former capital so I take about 9 armored scout cars, 2 helicopters, and a whole load of infantry and counter-attack yellow's attack on red. I recapture Red's former western city from yellow, which proves to be enough to help red finish off yellow's attack into his heartland and repel blue.

I start construction on the Kremlin to help boost resource production and get us closer to a wonder victory, mostly the latter.

At this point, green grows a pair and takes out Orange's former capital. I start to think it's pretty much over for me and red so I put more civies on the Kremlin.

I also begin researching information age

I pull my army away from Red's territory to go take care of green. I counter-attack @ Istanbul to try and recapture it to give me a buffer between green and me. Then red and I have a discussion. During the discussion I'm busy destroying green's Industrial-age army. I also steal a few of his tanks with spies.

Red: Make an army man.
    DarthVeda: **** u.
    Red: On this end.
    Red: Hey just trying to win the game.
    Red: If you don't like it I can leave.
    DarthVeda: What do I look like I'm doing making a pancake?
    Red: I see you're fighting other end.
    Red: I am saying make an army in middle.
    Information Age: Make an army in the middle? Where do you think my army is coming from? Sigh.

I finished the Kremlin and to my dismay I still don't have enough points for wonder victory.

Red: Is that too much?
    Red: its called team play.
    Green is starting to anger me so I nuke one of his cities. Probably the most useless nuke dropped in the whole game. His biplanes are really doing a number on my main battle tanks but my Air Force is tied up with yellow at the moment.

At this point I've fought off yellow from Red and red is busy fighting for his life against blue. Both are still in the industrial age. I start researching AI at the library. Nobody else is even close to information age yet.

I send some tanks to help red out. Don't know how much I helped.

It is at this point in the game I discover I never had a temple because I take orange's former capital back along with his temple.

Yellow hasn't been seen a lot recently because he's had a lack of metal until now. But yellow launches another attack and takes back the wesern red city that keeps changing hands. He used some artillery and a few scout cars to pick off my small garrison of fighters and infantry. Green finally decides it would be a good time to advance to the modern age.

At this point I start building another nuclear weapon. This will come into play later. Yellow begins advancing to the information age.

I finish artificial intelligence. The only limit now is my resources

I ready my army of 20 infantry, 16 main battle tanks for a last ditch effort to win the war outright.

I nuke yellow's capital, and then I nuke green's inner territory. Then my army receives instructions to run straight for yellow's capital. I launch a cruise missile to give my troops some backup in their attack.

Red adances to modern while I capture yellow's capital. Now to hold it for five minutes... oy! Good thing I have AI...

Yellow also tries some last-minute strategy, blowing up my collossus that I built so long ago using his special forces. He tries, and fails, to destroy my terra cotta in a similar manner.

Meanwhile yellow sends everything he's got to take back his capital. Green sends a force to help out. It never even comes close

Red uses this time to attack blue, and I help him out with a nuke.

Green tries to counter-attack at Istanbul. I turn and face my friends, "they dare oppose AI?" I pop out about 10 infantry and 10 tanks to squish their modern age army.

At this point, yellow's time runs out and he's defeated, I swing my huge army around and crush Blue, although he manages to kill a good amount of it. I swing it around again and crush yellow.

That was a close one, folks.

Good story man, I just downloaded the .rec and am gonna watch it, sounds like you owned Ill give a review after Im done wathcin. HAIL CAESAR!
    "We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction."
    -Gen. Douglas MacArthur
    ~HAIL CAESAR!~

Comment

Darth - was Swissy our own CtP Swissy?
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I hope not

Comment

lol
          -Gen. Douglas MacArthur
          ~HAIL CAESAR!~

Comment

Upon examination of your recorded game, the only review I can give is - "Holy ****...your awesome". HAIL CAESAR.
            -Gen. Douglas MacArthur
            ~HAIL CAESAR!~

Comment

Working...
            X