Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a bug??

I want help.
    In Civ3 monarch level I have colonized two continents. In the first one I have not iron, but yes in the second.
    Well, I built a city a square from the iron and I made a road to it. After, I built a harbor in the city in order to connect the maritime transport to my harbors in the first continent.
    And... I cannot use the iron to build inmortals (I´m playing the Persians) in my first continent. I only can build this unit in the second continent (source of iron).
    I wonder Why. Is this a bug?
    Please reply me.
    ¡Hazlo, o no lo hagas... pero no lo intentes!
    (El Maestro Yoda a Luke Skywalker en Dagobat - Star Wars V)

No it isn't, you need to bae able to reade over ocean squares and to do that you need a tech off the top of my haed its navigation but it could be astronomy.
    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
    Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

You need to trace a route between the harbour on your iron continent to any harbour on your other continent. The route can only go through tiles you have seen (not the black areas).

If it is all coastal tiles then you only need mapmaking. If there are any sea tiles you need astronomy unless you have the Great Lighthouse. If there are ocean tiles on the route you will have to have navigation or magnetism.

The trade route can be blocked if it passes through the cultural border of a civ you are at war with and also if either barbarian galleys or ships from a civ you are at war with block your harbour.
      Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Hola quiquejavi!!! pasate por la seccion en español http://apolyton.net/forums/forumdisp...s=&forumid=160

Saludos.
        El futuro pertenece a quienes creen en la belleza de sus sueños.
        - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

lol, looks like somebody couldn't wait to speak their native tongue...
          I use Posturepedic mattresses for a lifetime of temporary relief.

Comment

I want help.
            What else do you want? Our money and jewlery?

He he, kidding of course.

What you need to see what kind of squares are between the continents. Coastal, Sea or Ocean. If there is only one ocean square between them and you havent dicsovered magnetism (i guess!?) there will be no trade route, regardless of you being able to sail over it with your caravel.

Comment

Another possiblity is this. If you do have a trade route between your Iron city and your own continent via the sea, and you have the necessary technology to trade over any sea (Astronomy) or ocean (Navigation/Magnetism) in the way, then it may be that another (unfriendly) civ or Barbarian has a unit somewhere on that trade route blocking a clear path. This can happen if there are narrow paths that can be cut off with a unit or two in the way. This is bad, but remember you can play this trick on the AI as well.....
              Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                Another possiblity is this. If you do have a trade route between your Iron city and your own continent via the sea, and you have the necessary technology to trade over any sea (Astronomy) or ocean (Navigation/Magnetism) in the way, then it may be that another (unfriendly) civ or Barbarian has a unit somewhere on that trade route blocking a clear path. This can happen if there are narrow paths that can be cut off with a unit or two in the way. This is bad, but remember you can play this trick on the AI as well.....
                Yes, well put. Also, remember that trade agreements with other civs can be cut off in the same way. Even if a stray barbarian in the trade path is the one that caused the agreement to break, the other civ will always blame YOU for a broken treaty. This will be a huge hit on your reputation and no other civs will be willing to enter any gold-per-turn agreements with you FOR THE REST OF THE GAME. No ROP agreements either. This is why I only trade with other continents after I have gotten Navigation/Magnetism or built Great Lighthouse. Even then it can be tricky if the other civ hasn't built many harbors. Why don't other civs make harbor building a priority, anyway?

Comment

So they have an excuse to hate you.
                  meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell
                    So they have an excuse to hate you.
                    That really added a lot to the discussion, troll. Trying to get your post count up so you can add another goofy graphic under your name?

Comment

i just want one goofy graphic under my name
                      I use Posturepedic mattresses for a lifetime of temporary relief.

Comment

that's a helluva weird double post...
                        Last edited by mrmitchell; June 6, 2003, 10:23.

Comment

If your "goofy graphics" are the CivGroups, then, no, those aren't affected by post count. You join the CivGroup of whutever you're interested in (and post in). I suppose I could clean them up some...

Besides, I don't have any reason to up my post count--I've already got my custom avatar, whut's the deal?

Comment

Getting back to the subject, I am having the same problem, with a little variation. I have clear routes between my first continent and second, ports all over the place, all the appropriate technology and no-one blockading me. The iron on the second landmass is unabvailable on the first, though interestingly it is available in a single city I have established elsewhere. It really does look like a bug to me
                            Tim Bromige

Comment

timbrom:
                              please post some picture of what you're saying!In this way maybe we can help..

thanks
                              See ya
                              bleh

Comment

Working...
                              X