Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Matrix" Brother Begins Transformation Into Woman

Everyone:

Yeah, I know. My eyes popped open and mouth dropped, too. But it's apparently true. I found this little article while scanning the raw news wires at work earlier tonight for entertainment copy for one of my pages. Read the article and contribute as you see fit afterwards:

The British tabloids have been having a blooming field day ever since ‘‘Matrix’’ visionary Larry Wachowski showed up at the Cannes Film Festival fully made up, wearing dangly earrings and accompanied by Karin Winslow, 36, an S&M dominatrix.

Wachowski, who conceived of and directed the epochal sci-fi film trilogy with his brother Andy, is in the middle of a nasty divorce with his wife of nine years, Thea. Winslow has just shucked her transsexual husband.

The tabs, which have dubbed the couple ‘‘Mr. Matrix and the Dominatrix,’’ say not only is Larry a cross-dresser, he’s undergoing hormone treatments in preparation for a sex change.

According to the Chicago Sun-Times, one studio exec quipped, ‘‘Now I know why Larry paid so much attention during our costuming meetings.’’

Compiled from The Associated Press, Reuters and Knight Ridder reports.

Gatekeeper
    "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

i didn't need to know this. the movies rock.
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by Uber KruX
      i didn't need to know this. the movies rock.
      Tsk, tsk, Uber. Don't let a little thing like this ruin your enjoyment of the Matrix trilogy. I certainly won't, although it does make me look at the Zion rave/tribal scene a bit differently.

Gatekeeper
      "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

Comment

But saying the Wachowski brother and sister created the movies just isn't the same as saying the Wachowski brothers.

Maybe that's why reloaded sucked so much

Comment

Well, technically, it will always be the Wachovski brothers who created the Matrix movies, even if Larry grows breasts and, ahem, other female-themed bodily changes. After all, his/her/its DNA will still by XY ...

Gatekeeper

Comment

Might Neo's residual self image turn into chick next flick? Stay tuned...
            Long time member @ Apolyton
            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Gatekeeper
              Well, technically, it will always be the Wachovski brothers who created the Matrix movies, even if Larry grows breasts and, ahem, other female-themed bodily changes. After all, his/her/its DNA will still by XY ...

Gatekeeper
              Though politeness alone would force you to refer to a person as the gender they choose to identify with, regardless of chromosomal designation.
              Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
              -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Yes, we all know women can't make good movies... what the hell is this?
                Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Why would I care again? It's a free planet.
                  Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
                    Why would I care again? It's a free planet.
                    No it isn't. It's only partly free, and even there, everythng costs money.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Who ****ing cares? It's his life.

Comment

Kudos to the man for doing it in style! Fantastic!
                        If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild
                          Though politeness alone would force you to refer to a person as the gender they choose to identify with, regardless of chromosomal designation.
                          Well, of course. And I'm nothing if not polite. Ms. Wachovski it shall be if he goes through with the hormones and whatnot.

Gatekeeper

Comment

Originally posted by Tuomerehu
                            Who ****ing cares? It's his life.
                            Aww, don't get ticked off. How often do you read about high and mighty Hollywood power movers preparing themselves for new lives as women? Not often, so this topic was posted more out of the "unusual" news angle than anything malignant. We can save that angle for Bush-bashing, hmm?

Gatekeeper

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld
                              Yes, we all know women can't make good movies... what the hell is this?
                              Y'know, I don't quite understand the *sensitivity* some people are ascribing to motives and/or the news blurb itself.

I don't care if he wants to be a woman. He can be a Michael Jackson-type or a space alien trapped in a male body and I wouldn't particularly care, insofar as I'm concerned. It's his/her life. I posted the story because it's unusual, nothing more. Unusual. Y'know, the stuff that piques curiosity, that gets people to read.

Jiminy crickets. You'd think some SF types were horrified to learn one of their idols was, well, not comfortable with being a male.

Gatekeeper

Comment

Working...
                              X