No announcement yet.

What was your favorite MOO1 race?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alkari... great with small and medium fighters, and good propulsion tech.
    Pentagenesis for Civ III
    Pentagenesis for Civ IV in progress
    Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

If we're talking about who's best at ground combat, I'd name the Sakkra, not the Bulrathi. Sure, the Bulrathi have a twenty bonus, but when you can afford to launch a mass of troops thrice the size of the enemy planet's population, then do it again in a few turns, that little bonus hardly matters. Not sure who I like best though. I often play as the Klackons just to keep the AI from using them.
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Is not this thread supposed to be in the moo1/2 forum?
        Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

I was wondering when someone would notice.
          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
          2004 Presidential Candidate
          2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278
            I was wondering when someone would notice.
            Erm... Me? One day after the thread was started?

Comment

But nobody seem to care

Comment

Klackons

That makes two game series that I just love being a militaristic Hive.
                "Dave, if medicine tasted good, I'd be pouring cough syrup on my pancakes." -Jimmy James, Newsradio

"Your plans to find love, fortune, and happiness utterly ignore the Second Law Of Thermodynamics."-Horiscope from The Onion

Comment

Sakkra pop booming was great, although the alkari swarms of itty bitty ships are also cool
                  Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                  ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Meklar, Psilon, Klackon, in that order. Meklars, because you could have one world with the production capacity of 2 opponent worlds, Psilon for obvious reasons, and Klackon, because they also produce stuff fast, and seem to be very lucky when it comes to getting habitable planets.

to...HolyWarrior: in one game, the darloks were...guardedly hostile...towards me, until about the end. The end was when they came against me with several 32000 ship fleets. Not even black hole generators and death rays could save me.

Comment

Klackons, just good all around race to be.
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Klackons:
                        Production above all
                        I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

My favourite is Psilon.

Comment

I think my Avatar tells you my pick.

Wait sometimes they are turned of, so it Klacs.

Comment

Psilons, but I could never find the Battlestar Galactica.

Comment

Working...
                              X