Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lan problems

hi guys,

i'm new here, but a long-time moo/moo2 player.

the problem i'm having is that moo2 won't work on my home lan. i have two computers set up through a Belkin router, and both run moo2 fine. however, the 2nd computer gets to the multiplayer game select screen, while the 1st computer can't. i think i'm missing one of the network files (even though i've checked that both have the same network setup.)

is it a bug with v.1.31? i don't think i installed .31 on the 2nd computer, but i definitely have it on the first one.

I never planed on a lan, but see if you can find Kali and get some help.

Comment

What kind of network protocol are you using? MOO2 won't support TCP/IP unless through TEN, does it? (Which is out of business now, AFAIK).
      I'll check later, but doesn't MOO2 support IPX? I would try to install that on both computers first (comes free with the OS).

C.

Comment

Also make sure you are using 1.31 on both computers. Or at least the same version on both computers.
        Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

If nothing else works, maybe you can use a null modem cable and connect the two PCs like you're dialing directly.

Comment

weird. today i _can_ get into the join game screen.

Comment

Good one, Seldon. Simplest approach often is best.

C.

Comment

:LOL: It was how we used to network Warcraft games. Seemed so high-tech back in those days...

Comment

Yep, Duke3D using nullmodem was fun, but network cards were getting cheap fast and well, were a LOT faster.

Comment

i remember playing command hq all night over 14.4k baud

Comment

I had a 1200 baud for BBS's. As a matter of fact, I may still have it laying around.

Comment

i just threw out my 14.4k with my old 386. however, i scavenged my 33.6k from my 486 just the other day so we could try moo2 over a modem connection...darn thing doesn't fit in the new mommyboards.

Comment

You have an ISA 33.6K? I think you can get dialup modems pretty cheap these days. May be worth it but maybe not.

Comment

i love my cable modem, thanks.

i can always steal the little crappy modem that came with my wife's computer too...the one with the custom 1.5" slot. we got the same boards, so it should fit.

Comment

Working...
                            X