No announcement yet.

Sprite List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if this can help you but all the missing pictures lack the [go] feature...
    "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Yeah, they're the ones which aren't in the first 200. I think I fixed it anyway. Lesson learnt: Don't use '#' in folder names.
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

What should we increase k_MAX_SPRITES to?

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
          I think I fixed it anyway...
          Yes, you did...
          "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Triggs
            What should we increase k_MAX_SPRITES to?
            Well if it doesn't screw anything else up, then as large as possible. I reckon it currently doesn't need to be more than 300 or so, but if we want to allow for future sprites, 500 should be a realistic upper limit, unless there is a massive upsurge in interest.
            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Sprites Database update

Ok, I have updated the unit sprites database. I added all sprites I could find except "personnel" units in the small "civ3"-format (in E's Civ3-Mod and Maquiladora's Red Front Scenario), because they won't fit in so well with the other sprites in any Mod that's not a "pure" Civ3-Mod -- but if significant demand arises, I could add them to the database using the "civ3-guXXX" numbering format I already used for E's Civ3-city sprites.

It was really hard work to find, identify, and compare all the sprites from different sources. So I figured it would be useful for potential modders to create a "database-aligned" sprite collection (ca. 50 MB), i.e. a folder containing all the sprites numbered according to the database. This should make it somewhat easier to select the unit sprites one wishes to use in a mod/scenario. As long as the sprite limit is still in effect it will still be necessary to move sprites above the limit down the list ... but who knows what the SourceCodeProject will bring .

Of course it would be much cooler being able to use the complete sprite collection without the hassle of renumbering/replacing items .

I was unable to find some sprites mentioned by The Immortal Wombat in post #61, namely pos. 1, 4, 5 and 6 from this image:

And I could not create new images -- with white background -- of gu067 (Javlineer) and gu072 (Zulu Warrior) because SpriteEdit threw some "animation block" error when trying to open the sprites.

If anyone knows about (or has) sprites I missed: please share them!

Ah, yes: since I am not an expert in WW2 military equipment (or any military equipment ) I added useful Wikipedia links to most of the sprites (displayed on their respective detail pages under "More information" -- e.g. the Valentine).
              Attached Files
              The modding knowledgebase: CTP2 Bureau (with CTP2 AE Modding Wiki). Modern Times Mod (work in progress): MoT-Mod for CTP2.

Comment

Wow, great work BB

This reminded me I still need to update the archive of my Eastern Front units in the 'Poly directory. I just fixed the shield position on most of the units.

I've added the updated zip to the WePlayCiv directory (since they let me upload more than 500KB there ).

Either I can update the 'Poly entry myself, or Martin can download the new zip from WPC and upload it to 'Poly's server himself. (I assume this would be better).
                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Wow
                  Thank you!

added the updated zip to the WePlayCiv directory
                  Thank you again -- I should probably sign up over there, too.

update the 'Poly entry
                  I tried to upload the file, but the system wouldn't let me (one should always read the instructions in the first place). It can't be updated btw, because it's brand new and totally innovative
                  The modding knowledgebase: CTP2 Bureau (with CTP2 AE Modding Wiki). Modern Times Mod (work in progress): MoT-Mod for CTP2.

Comment

I just noticed that I misinterpreted the file upload/update section in Maq's post .

NM -- there's no urge regarding the complete*) sprite collection as long as there is a download link.

---
                    *) Not as complete as it should be since pos. 1, 4, 5 and 6 from the above mentioned image are still missing -- it would be great if IW or someone else could post them eventually .

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora View Post
                      Either I can update the 'Poly entry myself, or Martin can download the new zip from WPC and upload it to 'Poly's server himself.
                      I hope I have done everything correctly. But now you should be able to correct anything else yourself.

Originally posted by Maquiladora View Post
                      (I assume this would be better).
                      Well, that was faster.

-Martin
                      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Looks fine, thanks.
                        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by BureauBert View Post
                          I just noticed that I misinterpreted the file upload/update section in Maq's post .

NM -- there's no urge regarding the complete*) sprite collection as long as there is a download link.

---
                          *) Not as complete as it should be since pos. 1, 4, 5 and 6 from the above mentioned image are still missing -- it would be great if IW or someone else could post them eventually .

Ah, so, apologies for the lateness of this response. I haven't been by in a while...

It turns out I did still have my old spritedb backed up, so if anyone was still looking for Caranorn's sprites see:
                          here, or, since I can't guarantee that will last another 18 months, here.

Comment

Looks like I have to put some new info in our new CTP2 section.

-Martin
                            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Hi IW, and thank you for the late response! It would be a pity to let your site (including A Potted History Of CTP2) go down: I'd be happy to provide webspace at the CTP2 Bureau -- if you like we could move your entire site there as it is and make it available under a subdomain like e.g. "iw.ctp2.info" ...

Comment

Well, it's all horrendously out of date, but if you think it's worth saving, then be my guest
                                Last edited by Immortal Wombat; February 20, 2011, 11:08.

Comment

Working...
                                X