No announcement yet.

Sprite List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See the List ^ All the sprites ending _WAW are in WAW. The WW2 ones I put there for tidiness.
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat

Code:
      168-175		(8)
      177-179		(3)
      181-187		(7)
      190		(1)
      193		(1)
      195		(1)
      196		(1)
      200		(1)
      		-----
      		(23)
      27 spaces.
      Looks well, Ben. Only programers start to count with zero, so sprite #200 would be rather #000, but same number of empty sprite positions.

Finally Locutus shoould add the sprite list on the modmakers' depot to the CTP2 Apolyton Modification pages. Probably this was the intention of this thread.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

You can't use space 0, it doesn't work - it just uses sprite 1 instead (actually, I only know this for CTP1...).

Comment

Anybody tried spr 01 it could just go to spr 1 it may go to spr gu001.spr if so it gives us another 99 spr positions
          "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
          The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
          Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

Interesting, all slots I tried bigger 199 endied that I got an error message that sprite GU000.spr was not found or was it GU00.spr, because I have such a unit sprite in my sprite directory with only two digits. If I remember correctly this sprites contains the CTP1 UFO and as I tried it in the game, the game crashed as I moved, unfortunatly I did not take the time to figure out if it was the sprite, the slot or something else. And I don't remember if it was in the GU000.spr or in the GU00.spr format.

Additional I did not find the GU001.spr, so we can reassign this slot, I don't think we will ever have a use for the cattle and as it is a already in so...

For the Good sprites, I have a sprite in my folder called GG000.spr I took it from CTP1's GG00.spr. I know that it appeared in CTP2 as I gave if I remember correctly to the gold filed the value zero or negative values. I remember everything was right and the dummy ressource sprite appeared that I put into the sprite directory.

-Martin

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Mc
              Anybody tried spr 01 it could just go to spr 1 it may go to spr gu001.spr if so it gives us another 99 spr positions
              How should it work, you don't have sprite numbers in newsprites.txt with leading zeros. The idea was that it could work with old SpriteID.txt but it didn't work, I tested it.

-Martin

Comment

So 168-175 are used. How about 181-187 for some more WW2 sprites?

BTW, Happy Birthday Martin!

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Triggs
                  BTW, Happy Birthday Martin!
                  Thank you very much Peter. By the way were are all the other congratulants?

-Martin

Comment

Happy Birthday for four days ago Martin!
                    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

dito
                      "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

Also, Sprite 58 is listed as an Anti-Tank Attillery, when I believe it's the CTP2 War Walker. Sprite 118 is the C:CTP War Walker. Just a request, but could some mod maker (I'm still in remedial SLIC) use the C:CTP War Walker in a mod? I was trying to use it in some CTP2 games and renaming it a 'Mec.' It turned ugly real quick. Still much more for me to learn. If there's to be a Cradle 1.36, I'd like to see it in there.

Thanks!
                        The wall of the Achaians

Comment

it is in my mod and i got in in ok

Comment

Big MC, you're my hero!

Um, I'll stop whining now
                            The wall of the Achaians

Comment

Stankarp,

Could you attach a copy of your newsprites.txt? I need some spaces and don't want to clash with yours.

Thanks

Comment

I will try and send you what I got next time I am on line

Comment

Working...
                                X