No announcement yet.

Sprite List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah crud. Just found that thread*: that's 6 more sprites to include, and they aren't so bad looking either.

Nothing really I can do now, unless we reshuffle the rest, but I'll get the swordsman/warrior in. (Number 3 on the attachment below)

These are all Caranorn's units (all from Civ3) then:
    1. Infantryman
    2. Bowman
    3. Swordsman
    4. Mounted Archer
    5. Cavalry
    6. Archer

* I say "just", I've actually had this reply box open for about 8 hours now, waiting to be filled.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Immortal Wombat; July 2, 2003, 15:13.
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

ok, I have images for:

A: ((I thought this was the conscript legion)) (175 if you need)
      B: Galley (174)
      C: Auxillary Legion (196)
      D: Cataphract (193)
      E: Peltast (195)
      F: Phalanx (173)
      G: Heavy Spearman (171)
      H: Chariot Archer (172)
      I: Conscript Legion? The C:CtP one. ( )
      And the Advanced Warrior #3 in above post.

So I need images and/or preferably sprites for
      SPRITE_SEIGE_TRAIN 168
      SPRITE_BALLISTA 169
      SPRITE_HEAVY_CAVALRY 170
      Attached Files
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

ok received. I'll stick that lot up.

/edit

I dont need a number for the Consrcipt Legion as it is the existing legion sprite with a new name. Sprite no stays the same as in cradle.
        Just to confirm, this should be #116 :fingerscrossed:

/edit again
        This list now reads:
        Code:
        To assign:
        009		(1) (duplicate cow) [C:CtP SotL]
        190		(1)
        200		(1)
        		-----
        		(3)

+ 166 and 167 I'm still confused about.
        /edit 3
        Caranorn's Warrior at #190, leaving two (or four?) slots remaining.

Last edited by Immortal Wombat; July 4, 2003, 11:08.

Comment

No, sorry, the legion in Cradle was no 83. I changed that to conscript legion in my mod.

Comment

oh, right. yeah. oops. Cradle Legion. ok. So it's all good.

Comment

Does any body know how to get in touch with the writer of flicster I can’t get him on the address I have.
              "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
              The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
              Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Mc
                Does any body know how to get in touch with the writer of flicster I can’t get him on the address I have.
                You could check out this thread: UTILITY: FLIC Editor: Change unit graphics

If the email address you find there does not work try to PM Moeniir, if it does not work you could try contact him by PM on Civfanatics.

-Martin
                Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Call To Conquest has 'gone gold': Locutus has the file and it should be in the directory shortly.

But, reviewing it's newsprite.txt, I noticed that I used 183 for the Blue General (when I meant to use 186).

Comment

ok
                    "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
                    The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
                    Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

If somebody wants to index Harlan's sprites (WW2 pack, and the 5 other unanimated units), Alper's 39 miscellaneous sprites, the 2 EB sprites and the Activision sprites from CtP and CtP2, be my guest, the rest is mostly done. Although not all the images appear for some reason

Comment

Hello and welcome to The Sprite List Saga part III...

Since 250free is having some tech problems at the moment, and I'm not too sure it has php anyway, I've moved the whole shebang over to here. You'll be pleased to note that I have fashioned a rudimentary search feature on it. But for now it will serve. Currently the CTP200 (or 195 with 4 repeats) is indexed and searchable, with most of the other sprites accessable via the pages for each artist. I plan to put everything else into the database for searching and stuff soon.

If anyone has any suggestions as to how I should pack the remaining sprites on top, please don't hesitate to suggest them, or they'll go all jumbled on top, from 200 to 250 or whatever it is we've hit now.

Also, we have a whole load of repeated names, inaccurate names, double names, and so on. When in doubt, I've put in both names to make searching more useful. And I think what would be useful as well would be a 'category' field for each sprite, so that you can search for all the archers, for instance and get all the archers, even the ones listed under 'Bowman' and 'Peltast', etc. Or civilians, or tanks, and so on. And maybe even by age as well, though I would be unwilling to do that without serious assistance, since my historical knowledge isn't up to it.

So that's about it for the listing of stuff. Who wants to sort out the zips?

Happy as I am to host the index page, I'd rather not be hosting the 200MBsworth of sprite files once that gets sorted out. Locutus, can we stick this lot up on Poly?
                        Also, this is cobbled together with a pretty poor knowledge of php, and if the database moves to Poly, I suspect someone can bung a search page up much like the old files pages had which would do the job far more elegantly.

Comment

Great work Immortal Wombat...

Some pictures are not displayed though, if you click on the link leading to the sprites designed by Apolytoners, those designed by The Big Mc, John Wiley, Steve, Geo and one of yours are not displayed...
                          "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

You could check out this thread: UTILITY: FLIC Editor: Change unit graphics

If the email address you find there does not work try to PM Moeniir, if it does not work you could try contact him by PM on Civfanatics.

-Martin
                            I saw Steph at Civ fanatics made a SBB Storyboad build or something. I havent really checked it out, but could it be a start to make FLCs to Sprites?
                            Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tamerlin
                              Some pictures are not displayed though, if you click on the link leading to the sprites designed by Apolytoners, those designed by The Big Mc, John Wiley, Steve, Geo and one of yours are not displayed...
                              Case sensitivity. Corrected. Thanks.

Nope, I've no idea what's causing that. er.

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat

Case sensitivity. Corrected. Thanks.

Nope, I've no idea what's causing that. er.

Though I know you are far more skilled than me in computer science and that there are few chances you learn something from my opinion... come on, Tamerlin you can do it... I think it could be your html code.

Are your links targetting at the right folder, are the names of the pictures in your links the same as the names of the pictures in your folders or are there errors in the said links?
                                "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X