Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Peter

Originally posted by Peter Triggs
    41 Ship of the Line should be Destroyer.

95 (Privateer) and 96 (Missile Cruiser) aren't animated. I've always hoped that someone would do animated versions of these.
    Copy-paste errors: now corrected.

IIRC, WesW's 110 Rifleman is the same as the 119 Musketeer, but I have a vague recollection of seeing a different sprite in Wes's CTP1 Mod. If this is wrong, see below.
    I'll check.

"166: Down as Storm Marine. Surely this is #73?" It's a CTP1 sprite that's different from #73.
    I wondered, but I only had the *tgas and CtP1 vidoes at the time, and from different angles it all looks different anyway, and I wasn't sure. But if #166 is the CtP1 sprite, what is #73? There isn't a storm marine unit in CtP2, did they make an updated sprite and then never use it?

Suggestions:
    110: WW2 Pillbox. I'm using it as an immobile unit (not a tile improvement)
    Added.

I'm also using:
    brown marine (BRITISH_PARATROOPER) 120
    SPRITE_BLUE_GENERAL 110
    SPRITE_BROWN_GENERAL 111
    SPRITE_GREEN_GENERAL 113

Any suggestions as to where I should slot these in?
    At the moment I'm thinking 141-150 would make a good slot for the rest of the WW2 sprites, but it might depend on whether we choose to remove BlueO's sprites from the list. In terms of general usefulness they come somewhere near the bottom of the list: meven most scenarios are unlikely to be built around BlueO's own private scifi/fantasy world.

Some of the CTP1 sprites could be useful: cavalry, fascist, ship of the line (it's slightly different from the CTP2 one). I don't have access to CTP1 at the moment so I can't check out the others.
    Yes. I think this needs polling.
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I have SAP, Cradle, Med Mod and WAW downloaded. I allocated my sprite numbers to ones not used by the above.

They are as follows. Please note the Legion is a re work of the original version and has a plume on his helmet and attacks with the gladius to distinguish him from the auxilliary. The auxilliary is the original legion I did but he attacks with the pilum.

1) heavy spearman-157
      2)phalanx-196
      3)chariot archer-146
      4)heavy cavalry-169
      5)galley-187
      6)peltast-191
      7)legionary-195
      8)auxilliary legionary-194
      9)cataphract-193

Comment

Before you finish your mod, would it be possible to request a renumbering to #141-149 or #168-175 (+ #177), to keep them all together and to ensure there is unlikely to be any overlap at all. Some of those numbers are designated sprites already, even though they may not be in use actively, it is probably advisable to keep them as they are.
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Shall do.:-)

Comment

Don't forget that WAW mod adds onto the sprite list.

Comment

oops.
              So that gives us double-assigned #120, and #99-100 (which was my fault, and changes to which don't affect other mods)

And #126-144, which cuts BlueO out completely. Um. Any objections to losing BlueO's sprites from the main list?

Comment

Would it be possible to place links on the work in progress to allow people to download them easier.
                "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
                The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
                Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

Certainly. I will eventually get around to it, but if anyone else wants to, by all means go ahead. The depot is pretty much open to anyone who can and wants to improve it.

Comment

Are you going to put all the ctp1 units on. I know that some look alike but are used in at least my mod to allow you to distinguish between the modded units and the units.
                    "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

We'll see how much space there is, and poll the remaining CtP units for the unassigned numbers. Most of them should get in.

Comment

it’s a shame we could not set up some kind of mod swapper for lets say 50 unit spaces and let people use them as they like.

Comment

I've updated with WAW included.

Originally posted by stankarp
                          Shall do.:-)
                          Which block did you use? I need to know where I can replace the WW2 units to that Dale just ousted If you haven't done yet, then 168-175 (+177) would be better I think, so we can keep all the WW2 units together.

Comment

Hi IW,

I havnt done it yet, will use 141-149.

I will be doing about 7 sprites for my Medieval period expansion later this year.

I envisage trebuchet, mameluke, fuedal cavalry, jannissary, paladin, foot knight and a foot raider as well as using the samurai sprite.

Comment

Originally posted by stankarp
                              Hi IW,

I havnt done it yet, will use 141-149.
                              Please don't World At War and the spare WW2 sprites are there at the moment.

Comment

Ok, 168 to 175 then.

I have WAW downloaded, are you sure WAW are there?

Comment

Working...
                                X