MAPS: Some small maps I made.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAPS: Some small maps I made.

I made these maps for playing fast multiplayer against several AI opponents. Most of the maps that came with ptw were too big and took to long to play in my opinion. So I made these, and now I post them here. If you like them, tell me and I will be happy. All three of the maps should be geographically correct to the extent possible, although I made some changes to improve playability.

"Rome Small" is a 44x60 map over the roman empire. Rome has better starting conditions to give their empire a push start. No floodplains on this one.

"North East Asia" is a 60x60 map covering Japan, Korea, some of China and some more land. I have not seen a map over this particular region, so I was excited when creating this map and deciding what to include and what to not. 8 civilizations make for an interesting start - those in Japan will be separated from the rest until mapmaking.

"UK Tiny" is a 24x40 map over Great Britain and Ireland. This one is made for 3 player multiplayer games. I first made this a 16x24 map, but it was unplayable because of strange mapglitches due to the extremely small size. So I made the landmass the same size and just added more water around it on this slightly larger map. Making this map balanced was hard. I still think it has room for improvements. Some changes to the geography were made to improve playability; there is as an example land access between ireland and england aswell as between ireland and scotland. There is alot of forest on the map. Partly this is because I like forests (in my book, before man came there were forests all over the world except maybe africa). Also, I used the forest to try and balance the map so as to make the Scotish better of since their land is so small.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SwedishErik; June 9, 2003, 08:15.
Working...
X