This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rah

The one nice thing is when she's "blah blah blahing" about work, I actually understand who she's talking about. (adn it makes it easier to only partially pay attention. and just nod by head and repeat a name back to her)

I just pointed this out to my wife. Needles to say that I do that a lot too. She looked at me in a way that makes me think that tonight aint gonna be too cuddly in bed

Asmodean
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

• Oh well youll just have to fire up Port Royale or something to keep you company But seeing as this is the RON forum youd better make that Rise Of Nations
      A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

• Yep, having to sleep on the couch, (right next to the computer in the opposite end of the house) is not necessarily a bad thing.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Where's my [ RON ] Tag?
          cIV list: cheats
          Now watch this drive!

Comment

• Ooh, looks like the king of w4r3z is here...
            Now watch this drive!

Comment

• Thanks for you extra set of eyes.

I just closed the thread.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• This looks intresting. By the screenshots it looks like Age of Empires 2 to me, a little extended version perhaps. And now that I have bought a new computer this might work on it. Got the demo already, I just hope they do still sell it in stores.

Oh and the demo d-loaded in just 56 seconds
                Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

• Originally posted by laurentius
                  This looks intresting. By the screenshots it looks like Age of Empires 2 to me, a little extended version perhaps. And now that I have bought a new computer this might work on it. Got the demo already, I just hope they do still sell it in stores.

Oh and the demo d-loaded in just 56 seconds
                  56 seconds!?

Anyways, it's looks familiar to AOE but plays totally differently. Try it- I'm sure you'll like it
                  Now watch this drive!

Comment

• Yep 56 seconds at 3.7 MB/s.
                    University bigpipe rules,
                    at home it took around 6 minutes for it to load.

I will try it today if I got any time left after playing Civ2 against makeo. Any tips you can give me about playing against him?

- Paul Valery

Comment

• Hit him early and hard.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Thanks MattH and Rah

I love it

So I tried the demo yesterday and boy, was that a good game or what. I even beat the computer
                        It was like playing the offspring of Age of Empires and Cossacks: the art of war. Very nice...very nice. Must buy

- Paul Valery

Comment

• I've got a confession to make:

I haven't played this game for the last 2 months

This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

• Ok, I'm hooked.

I just got the feeling that this is a little too fast paced for my appetite, like cossacks. Especially when there was 5 ai nations attacking me all the time I found it a little hard to engage in coodinated attacks. Also I was a little irritated that the computer played my nation independently...like it started to build its own units and buildings, used my resourses to do some research...maybe I got the settings wrong. Yeah it must be it. Right? This kind of autogoverning is wrong, I want to do all the micromanagement myself!

- Paul Valery

Comment

• There's an option to chose the AI to help you, don't remember what it's called, but take a look, it's name tells what it does... be sure to uncheck this...

...and for a slow-paced game, search for the threads talking about how to mod the game to take longer time... One of the threads is called "The Long Saga Mod" or something like that...

Be sure to check it out...
                              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

• We do need to get the activity higher (posts) in the RON forums. The lack of activity has been noticed and I'd hate to see some type of forum merging occur. So start typing, but no SPAM.
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X