This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I must have missed it.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• At least you check back here often. After two months and you still managed to post here the same day someone else did.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• I still keep an eye open on this place at least 4 or 5 times a week. Unfortunately that's all that's required.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• My first time here. I saw the new RoN game in the store and I thought I would check out the forum for info.

When visiting a new place, the first thing to do is check in with the authorities.

*Shogun Gunner opens the door to Rah's Office

Hello? Hmmm... doesn't seem to be anyone home. I'll leave my card.
          Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

• Hmmm thought I checked earlier this week and didn't see anything. Senior Moment. Welcome.
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Wouldn't it be about time to get rid of these ron sub-forums? Nobody visits this place anyway...
              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

• I dropped in here since I have the game and was thinking of giving it another whirl but wow this place is dead. SMAC is so much older and yet still has much more activity
                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• SMAC has several orders of magnitude more depth. The unit-creation system itself lends the game more complexity than RON, and then you have the various "government" choices and such.

But RON was always designed to be simple, simple enough that a game could realistically be played in an hour as a quick distraction rather than just a single turn in an hour.

I still play RON from time to time though.
                  I still wonder if Rah has even played it once.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• rah left the building yonks ago
                    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• I should see if I can get Thrones and Patriots working

it wouldn't work on Win XP 64bit for some reason..

but not I am running Win XP, so hopefully everything will be fine

it is actually a very good game for what it is, I just don't play RTSs much unless my frenids are..

Jon miller
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• nah lets talk about provost's love life
                        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• I'm looking forward to RoL.
                          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• Played again last night and won on an easy level but pretty badly-- I forgot supply wagons with my troops so that a lot of them took heavy heavy damage just crossing into enemy territory

Its a fun distraction but I prefer the complexity of SMAC (even if it does require hour long turns)
                            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                              nah lets talk about provost's love life
                              Wouldn't that generate even less discussion than RON seems to?

Comment

• hm, seems like there's no one in this building... a new area 51, perhaps?
                                I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Working...
                                X