Election: Term II Supreme Military Commander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Election: Term II Supreme Military Commander

We need a warrior to rise through the ranks and make themselves known as the most bloosthirsty yet.

Two such gore-covered, murederous ones have shown their desire, but which of them will lead thousands of such maniacs into battle?

dejon or
    mrmitchell

Five days, per lo usual.
    dejon
    60.71%
    mrmitchell
    28.57%
    The Yellow-bellied one
    10.71%

The poll is expired.

Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Greetings o' blood thirsty ones.

I was wondering, do either of you have plans for the subjugation of the evil Ottomans? Any plans of attack? Any listing of forces needed? Reserves? Defenders to keep our cities productive? So on and so forth.
    If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Hmm... neither candidate has campaigned... if you aren't going to present plans, let's at least see some mud slinging!

Comment

Heh - no mudslinging from me, sorry, not my style.

As far as campaigning goes, I suppose I had hoped everyone read my statement in the Nominations thread:

Originally posted by dejon
        I hereby announce my intention to run for Supreme Military Commander.

While I do not have the experience that others do, I do serve the RP Team in this capacity (though we haven't been at war yet). I intend to draw heavily from the feedback and suggestions of the Senate.
        I intend to post and share thoughts with the entire team to gather the best strategies. Maybe I should also mention that any graphics of war plans I post will be crude ones - I'm no artist.

Comment

j/k about the mudslinging.

Some questions:
          1. How available will you be for turnchats? (I think GK, OPD and OctavionX have all posted their probable chat times.)
          2. Do you plan to have any deputies?
          3. Assuming we can take all we want from the Ottos so long as we have the time and production, how far do you want to push into Otto territory? What cities do you want to take at a minimum?
          4. Could you present a plan of attack against the Ottoman Empire, however preliminary?
          5. Who do you think we should attack next after the Ottomans? (Hard to answer and may not even apply to this term, I know; just wondering. )

Comment

Originally posted by Kloreep
            Some questions:
            1. How available will you be for turnchats? (I think GK, OPD and OctavionX have all posted their probable chat times.)
            2. Do you plan to have any deputies?
            3. Assuming we can take all we want from the Ottos so long as we have the time and production, how far do you want to push into Otto territory? What cities do you want to take at a minimum?
            4. Could you present a plan of attack against the Ottoman Empire, however preliminary?
            5. Who do you think we should attack next after the Ottomans? (Hard to answer and may not even apply to this term, I know; just wondering. )
            1. If elected, I will attend every turnchat I can. I work from home and can make my own schedule. I have rowing on Wednesday nights (out from 6:30pm EDT to about 9:30pm EDT), and usually go out Friday nights, but otherwise I am can juggle things to be available any day and time.

2. Sure, as many as want to truly help out. Let's see, we could have an offensive co-ordinator, defensive, special teams...

3. There will be a danger of pushing the Ottomans too far, overextending ourselves and raising corruption. Also, we cannot spend too much time on one adversary and let the others grow unchecked. For a second Ottoman campaign the most I might aim for is Erdrine and Uskudar, which are good targets due to their rivers and resources, while Aydin might make a good gift for peace. That all depends on how much forces we can muster, of course. And as I've said before, I would ask for input from our 'experts' before making any decisions.

4. Taking only 2 minutes to study the map (big disclaimer )... I might propose 2 stacks:
            1st to march on Edrine from the forest to it's N, N. This may first trigger the defenses of Bursa to be bolstered rather than Edrine and would cutoff support from the northern city.

2nd to march on Uskudar after following the line of hills that leads to N of the city.

2 biggest risks:
            1) If Bursa does not have adequate units, reserves may be sent from their capital, which could just as easily be sent to Edrine on the following turn when we move towards it. Counter: Investigate cities prior to war

2) If Aydin has one or two offensive units, they might take a jab at Copenhagen. Counter: Ensure Copenhagen is well defended.

5. You're right, it's premature to ask this. Hey, you got answers to the other four though!

Comment

Just as well you were thinking of it early dejon - congrats.

Well run mrmitchell -

/me predicts the third Term is when mrmitchell will win!
              Consul.

Comment

Huh? I don't remember ever seeing any election threads.

Oh well

Good job dejon
                meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

They were topped since they opened.... I only detopped them about 8 or 9 hours ago.

Well run anyway, if you weren't even here...
                  Consul.

Comment

Working...
                  X