Ancient age only mod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancient age only mod?

I have zero interest in digging into the data files, but I am wondering if there is a way to mod the game to have an 'end in Ancient Age' option? Right now, the least you can do is Ancient->Classical.

Anyone seen a where this could possibly be done?

hehe wierd u right it doesnt let u just play ancient ..guess it would be nice to have that only...not sure if u can mod that though...well actually probbaly u can just take out the upgrade tech in the game (i know u can take out units so i assume techs would work that way too), rather then have it as a out of game setting
    Are you down with ODV?

Comment

However, it is really not that difficult, in data files find 'techrules' in there not far down, it is worth reading anyway, there are timers; 'frames' for each Age change. All you have to do to linger long in any Age is add 'zeros' to the numbered frame setting to advance to the next Age. Add enough zero's and you effectively stay in any Age for hours if you want!!

All Good Fortune,
      Antrine
      The Graveyard Keeper
      Of Creation Forum
      If I can't answer you don't worry
      I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

I blame myself really for this. I was going to question why you couldn't play Ancient only when I was beta testing it, but decided not to bother the devs about it. But now, I wish we could play ancient only games.

My fault. :|

Comment

Working...
        X