Total newb question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total newb question

Hey, Although I've been playing Civ3 for sometime, i've been wondering, and this is a total newb question so please dont flame me.

Which files does one edit in order to add units/government/advances/etc.

thanks.

I have not tried it, but the Creation section should have the answers and the people that do that stuff. Someone will probably answer here as well.

Comment

Open up the CIV III editor. Go to the Scenario menu and activate the custom rules/player data/map options. Now, under the rules menu, select 'edit rules'.

This may seem obvious, but it flipped me out for a couple minutes. To select more than one non-consecutive option from a list, like the Unit Abilities menu, hold down the [CTRL] key. Hope this helps.
      cIV list: cheats
      Now watch this drive!

Comment

I forget the actual post, but also Boris Godunov (I think that is his nick) started a thead here in the general forum which explains how to add units to PtW once you have downloaded the pic.
        If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

you should also try downloading a mod that is to your taste...

i hate modding but i like playing mods..

i can recommend the templars space age mod, which focuses more on fixing flaws in the game than changing it:

cheers

Comment

Boris' tutorial can be found here

OmegaRed :
            If you want to play by your modded rules permanently, without ever playing with the default rules again, you can edit Civ3mod.bic (or civ3x.bix if you own PtW). But be aware that modding can have unexpected results and bugs, so I suggest that you save the original civ3mod.bic/civ3x.bix in a safe place beforehand.

If you want to play by your modded rules from time to time without overriding the default rules, simply launch the editor, and do like MattH says.
            After you have edited your rules, save it under any name (like mymod.bic). To play with your modded rules, select in the Civ3 menu "Start a Scenario" and choose your mod in the list.
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
            X