One wonder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One wonder

If you could build or capture only one wonder in th whole game, which would it be?
    Pyramids
    0.00%
    Hanging Gardens
    32.43%
    Colossus
    0.00%
    Lighthouse
    2.70%
    Great Library
    0.00%
    Oracle
    0.00%
    Great Wall
    2.70%
    Sun Tzu's War Acadamy
    0.00%
    King Richard's Crusade
    0.00%
    Marco Polo's Embassy
    10.81%
    Michaelangelo's Chapel
    24.32%
    Copernicus' Observatory
    2.70%
    Magellan's Expedition
    2.70%
    Shakespeare's Theatre
    0.00%
    Leonardo's Workshop
    5.41%
    J. S. Bach's Cathedral
    2.70%
    Isaac Newton's College
    0.00%
    Adam Smith's Trading Company
    8.11%
    Darwin's Voyage
    0.00%
    Statue of Liberty
    0.00%
    Eiffel Tower
    2.70%
    Women's Sufferage
    0.00%
    Hoover Dam
    2.70%
    Manhattan Project
    0.00%
    April City Planner in the 3rd Civ2 Democracy Game
    Read Sluggy Freelance! Watch Homestar Runner! Papa Smurf is a Communist!

Probably Leo's, with the pyramids a close second.

It's really nice to pick up those unit upgrades, and eliminates the hassle of upgrading garrisons and naval units along the way. A very nice wonder.
    "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Part 2 is here.
      April City Planner in the 3rd Civ2 Democracy Game
      Read Sluggy Freelance! Watch Homestar Runner! Papa Smurf is a Communist!

Comment

I said HG. Wonders are more important in the early game, IMO, because later on, you can make up for not having wonders by substituting the relevant improvement, or changing governments.

HG is IMO the best early wonder... this my vote.
        "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
        "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

I think most people would choose Hanging Gardens for normal games.Even for OCC it can be beneficial.The higher the difficulty level,the more powerful it becomes.Not a game breaker though.Not even in MP.Sure helps though.
          The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

I like Cope's. Doesn't expire, makes powerful SSC.
            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

last time we had this discussion - we wound up qualifying it as we were in the midst of the OCC fortnights and, well, its kinda tough to win an OCC game without Apollo

that said, HG provides one of the biggest boosts to the early game, and really sets the tone for the rest of the game. I'm also a little surprised that Copes and Leo got votes (and pyramids got mentioned) before any mention of Sun Tzu
              Insert witty phrase here

Comment

If I could build only one wonder, that would be one with an effect, which could not be achieved with normal buildings. In the early phase of the game HG or lighthouse, later it would be Bach or Magellan. Cause not each game is an island game, I choose Bach.
                Nothing is more painful than regret.
                Don't contradict a woman - wait until she does herself

Comment

/me is just kinda curious who the practical joker is who chose eiffel tower
                  Insert witty phrase here

Comment

Always depends on the game...........but I'd have to go HG.

Comment

land based games...HG, its benefits are huge and its 200shields only.....

multi small island world, LH b/c its cheap and vet boats.... or perhaps magellans for the extra movemnt

depends on how much naval conflict you expect to have early i think......magellans is twice the cost but serves your purpose better late, LH is great for that early important island finding
                      Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

i must say i like pyramids too, cheap, awesome growth with no restrictions and if you have alot of cities it will save some money all game on upkeep...

the main reason is for the fast growth tho
                        Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

HG early gets you that quick boost. And an early boost is such an advantage. Others have their own special nice things, but they can be made up for.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Michelangelo's Chapel, Pyramids are a close second. I like wonders that never expire.
                            Dios, dame paciencia... AHORA!!

Comment

Gardens - with no serious competition!!!

SG[1]
                              "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                              "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Working...
                              X