Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much have you changed since High School?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much have you changed since High School?

I am soon to be 44,

In High School (Northern Maine...mid 70's), I was an ACTIVE Alcoholic, substance abuser and sexually active and a true pain in the butt, got kicked out of school, kicked out of my house and joined U S Army @ 17. I was a product..or perhaps.."By-Product" of being abused early.."Teens" years...

Now, I am a recovering substance abuser/Alcoholic, married and a Christian..often referred to as a Pain in da butt,...

My wife says I make an excellent boss, because i can be a real weinie...

But, I didnt ever lose my sense of humor and still love to practical joke.

My favorite subjects are still writing and History, although I sure wish I had paid more attention in English and Mathematics!

Peace

Grandpa Troll
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Not all that long ago for me. I'm still trying to finish my bachelors degree.

I've gone from being an agnostic diest to a Christian, from a Physics and science major to a History major.

I've treeplanted in the North, and I've driven delivery vehicles and I have worked for a registered charity addressing envelopes.

I've gone from living in a big house in the country, by a farm with a corrall, to a single room with some friends of mine in the largest city of BC.

Before, when I was in high school I was a hard-working stiff in my classes, now I am much more laid-back and sociable.

I like my life, I'm happier with who I am, but less so with my current prospects.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Didn't drink in high school... don't drink now.
      Didn't get laid in high school... get laid now. To wife.
      Didn't go to church in high school... barely go to church now.
      Hated being told what to do in high school... hate being told what to do by people other than my wife and daughter.
      Worked a lot in high school... work a lot now.

I was a lot messier then!

Comment

Let's see..

In high school, I was fairly straight laced. Did my work, didn't drink or get laid or anything. Now, ending my first year in law school, I drink (sometimes a lot), got laid some. Live much farther away (of course ).
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I would like to go back to my hometown in Calais Maine and see some of the teachers..apologize for making life tough...man..I was a real weinie..

With a name like Troll..ya gotta know what kinda fella I was like back then..

But seriously..I would like to find a few of them..maybe some are still alive...

Peace

Grandpa Troll

Comment

About two inches horizontally.
            But that's comin' off this summer!
            "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
            Drake Tungsten
            "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
            Albert Speer

Comment

I went to Classmates.com to look up my graduating class of 1985 and you know something? I didn't recognize a single name but one. I even went back and forth among the years, seeing if I had made a mistake... "Hmmm. Maybe I graduated in 1984?"... but no, I just don't remember those people.

Comment

From the start of high school? I've changed a helluva lot since then. From the end? Haven't changed much, that was only four years ago. I've become a bit more assertive and a bit more laid back, but that's about it.
                <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger
                  From the start of high school? I've changed a helluva lot since then. From the end? Haven't changed much, that was only four years ago. I've become a bit more assertive and a bit more laid back, but that's about it.
                  But your picture looks a little older??

Peace

Grandpa Troll

Comment

My picture actually looks about ten or twelve years older from four years back. My grey hairs are multiplying at an alarming rate.
                    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Edit: Looks like I'm wrong on that one...

Comment

To me, the end of High School was 5 years ago.

Since the end of high school, the most noticeable change is that I've become much more self-confident, and I've learned to live alone.

I have also worked a bit for the Communist Party here, and hence I have learned to talk to strangers without apprehension.

I've also left a group of 'friends' in which relationships were extremely shallow and exclusively about clothing and gossip. I've entered another group where relations are much more straightforward and pleasant

I've discovered 'Poly, which opened me to something new, and is slowly curing me of my anti-americanism

Otherwise, quite the same old : lazy ass always in front of the computer, and talking about politics all the time.
                        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

In HS, I was a conservative Republican, went to church, was anti-abortion, was suspecious of the civil rights movement, was pro-war in Vietnam, was too shy to even speak to girls, and had hair.

Now, I'm a liberal Democrat, haven't been to church in ages except for weddings, am pro-choice, am ardent on civil rights, am anti-war, am adored by women and have a lot less hair

But the switch with me isn't anywhere near as much as my best friend from HS, who went from being a boy then to being a girl now.

Comment

From the beginning of high school until the end (now) I've realized that I've barely changed.

I'm probably smarter now, taller too, but otherwise very little has changed. Same fears, same dreams (or perhaps more accurately lack of dreams), still lay in bed at night wondering "what if...", still can't get laid, still love life, still hate it - ah the joys of being 18.

A few lines from one of my fav songs of all time;

"I'll sing myself to sleep
                            A song from the darkest hour
                            Secrets I can't keep
                            Inside of the day
                            Swing from high to deep
                            Extremes of sweet and sour
                            Hope that God exists
                            I hope I pray

Drawn by the undertow
                            My life is out of control
                            I believe this wave will bear my weight
                            So let it flow"

"Now I've swung back down again
                            It's worse than it was before
                            If I hadn't seen such riches
                            I could live with being poor"

Comment

But your picture looks a little older??
                              Not all of us are as old as our avatars.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                              X