Graphics service failed??!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics service failed??!!

I cannot play RoN everytime I try to load the game I get a "Graphics service failed to initialize." I have a Geforce 4600 with the latest drivers (4403) What gives. I have the latest version of Direct X. I am about fed up with it. It sounds like a great game.

1. Were you able to run the demo before you installed the retail version?

2. Did you cold boot your machine after installing the program leaving the power off for at least one minute?

3. I run a Nvidia GeForce4 440 GO / 32 meg, a considerably lower end card than yours, but an Nvidia nonetheless and with the most recent Detonator drivers and DirectX 9.0a I got the Black Screen of Death when trying to start RON, the program would get so far as to show me the license agreement and let me agree, but when it tried to start the intro movie, then it crashed and burned. Which surprised me because I had been running the demo just fine. Try running the demo just to see if that will work.

4. If you think it might be the intro video on the retail version that is crashing, then you can find a toggle to turn off the intro video in the game directory in a file called rise2.ini. In my case, this gives me all game features, except the intro video. Maybe this is Nvidia quirk only, nobody has any idea far as I can tell.
    i · b · a = 3 · i · e ^ μ

Comment

Working...
    X