Lazy Days of Summer Sxn Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatever.

Just some clarity would be nice, given the extremely uneven and episodic nature of this game.

I thought that our "no touch" policy would permit me to provide our kingdom with a caravan. A bit bummed that another governor good-heartedly sabotaged the production, especially when SPECIFICALLY POSTING MY INTENTION!!!
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Such "intentions" are easily overlooked by us lazy bums.

I thought we already agreed that leaving alone any city slowly churning out a few shields/turn was lazy enough to be equivalent to governoring. Only set gov'ner if something is completed during your round.

That's my vote.
      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• We’re Strong, Spotless, and have the wonders of (HG) and Mike’s. And that’s it??! My goodness, the summer is over and that’s what we have to show for it? On the other hand, we’re 1st in Lit and 2nd in pop, so maybe we’re not in an unrecoverable position.

The Americans have a half dozen techs that we don’t, so maybe we should think about spying our way to advancement and glory.

Of the civilizations that we know about, we have embassies with only two -- and both are comparable -- the Japanese have 13 cities and 36 techs to our 13/37; the Americans have 17 cities and 42 techs. So we know where our boats will be going (the closest location, because it takes considerable effort to sail farther away!)

1824 (1) Put Slowville’s effort to making camels. Middleboro pops out a settler and is set to auto (Catapult). Slowville makes a wine camel and the move of a citizen starts a WL effect. RB the coliseum in Oldetown. RB the dip in Dele (which is not on auto. hmmm given the Greeks around, I’m hesitant to auto this -- we’ll leave it with the dip production for now. Disband the trireme waaaaaayyyyyyy up north.

1826 (2) La Fayette’s (d) copper to Oldetown = 118

1828 (3) Antlergrad pops out a wine camel set to auto (Cat). (Japanese start Eiffel & take Mingapulco.)

1830 (4) Discover RR, opt for TG over Bank, Chiv, Chem, Theo (amerks know all of these except for Chem)Dal builds city walls, starts on Darwin’s Voyage; Warrenville completes City walls & starts in a University.

1832 (5) (Greeks (5 rifles) nearly complete Darwin’s; they discover Ind & switch to WS)

1834 (6) Buy Uni for Oldetown. Wine (d) from Oldetown to New Orleans = 210; Gems (n) same story but for 84. (Americans start Eiffel & discover RR)

1836 (7) We discover TG & opt for Mag over AT, Bank, Chiv, Metal. (Americans start DV.

1838 (8) Wine (d) from Slowville to New Orleans = 190; War Hides (n) = 94. (Straycoco builds Library; Americans start WS)

1840 (9) Discover Mag, opt for chem. over AT, Bank, Chiv, Metal, Theo; Ant’s
        Nest builds City Walls, Oldetown builds Isaac Newton’s (with a little help from the stored camels.)

1842 (10) Disband Antlergrad’s caravel in Slowville as Slowville uses shields for a galleon; Oldetown rushes a galleon using shields from a disbanded trireme. Both cities have a camel each scheduled to go to market.

Notes -- Oldetown needs a sewer, but more importantly it needs old bots to be disbanded (maybe sooner if the growth is worth it.) Slowville cashed in a phalanx and is now without a defender, so please set the auto advisor such that a reasonable defender is constructed sooner rather than later.

Also, I didn’t steal any techs this time -- & don’t recall which American cities (if any) have been hit -- recommend dips out with the next shipment of goods heading east (Banking would be nice as well as Conscription.)
        Attached Files
        Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

• Finally some activity!!!
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Revised 04-11

Players ------------- City

Old n Slow ---------- Slowville 1842
            atomant ------------ Ant’s Nest (MIA?)
            Straybow ----------- Straycoco Did I do that? 1854
            Ben Kenobi --------- Tatooine
            Bob_Smurf42 -------- Doldrums (MIA)
            -JRabbit ------------ Warrenville 1782
            La Fayette ---------- LaFayette 1800
            Vlad Anterkov ------- Antlergrad 1822
            Last edited by Straybow; November 4, 2003, 19:28.
            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Now I gotta get off my lazy Emperor arse and do something…

Comment

• Originally posted by Straybow
                Now I gotta get off my lazy Emperor arse and do something…

That's at least +6. Have you no shame!!

Oh, and, congrats

Monk
                so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

• If he's taking +6, I'll take my congratulatory +1.

Nicely done, Errant Archer. You can now settle into the life of an Emperor. No threat of Deity for a couple years, at least...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bloody Monk

That's at least +6. Have you no shame!!
                    I smell a PCR.
                    "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                    "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Six Thousand Year Old Man

I smell a PCR.
                      [Shields up] What's a PCR???

Monk
                      so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

• Keep them shields up ...
                        Post Count Reduction
                        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

• 8 lazy turns

/me the Indolent emerges from semi-retirement command over the lazy Aztec bums.

1842 [tweaking] Straycoco changed to Caravan production. A few cities have needless entertainers who are immediately sent to the fishing industry. Straybow's heavy investment in Gorton's has nothing to do with this action.

S Pole set to Domestic, production changes to Mkt. Sliders reset to 30/30/40. Straybow's heavy investment in Banking has nothing to do with these actions. No other advisor tweakings are advantageous.

Delendopolis is set to build City Walls, and I shall not promote a member of the City Council to territorial governor for fear that some pork barrel project will surely result. Straybow's friends in the northwestern Concrete industry had no impact on his decision.

1844 Two Galleons are produced. One is immediately set to find the fabled Northwest Passage. The other loads a cargo of Wine destined to be smuggled in to Baltimore for immense profit. Dips probe for passage to Toofaraway without luck.

Slowville set to Both, and the governor orders outdated city militias organized into a Musket Corps. Straybow persuades the governors of Ant's Nest and Warrenville to leave ideas of a world-class Universities behind in favor of augmenting our sea power. Two mighty Frigates will replace the traditional Triremes that have been plying the Middle and Southern Seas for centuries. Likewise Antelergrad's gov is persuaded to abandon plans for massive Trebuchets for more mobile Crusaders.

To show how cooperative governors shall be favored, Straybow sends resources to complete the Market in Hobbitown.

1846 Residents of Straycoco celebrate the rise of their patron to the Presidency. The governor of Hobbitown agrees to Straybow's Maritime Initiative by laying keels for a squadron of Ironclads. Following the completion of the Frigate squadron, Warrenton does the same. With Oldetown pumping out Galleons these military hulls will be welcome, should hostilities erupt on the high seas.

A Diplomat successfully sneaks past Greek units to Toofaraway, and establishes an Embassy. The Greeks posses Banking and Industrialization. An missive is sent to Alexander, and he agrees to swap Theory of Gravity for Industrialization! Oldetown Galleon production switched to Transport.

A hurried conference with city governors: Tatooine realizes that a Factory shall do everyone more good than a pie-in-the-sky University, although Lafayette's governor is determined (offering only Catapult as an option). Middleboro agrees to abandon Catapult for a Library. Perhaps some good can be made of this mess yet.

1848 Not much happening.

1850 Greeks complete Women's Suffrage and Darwin! Lazy scientists discover Chemistry.

No point to having Doldrums working on a wonder when there aren't any on the horizon. The governor can't decide between Catapult and University. Where do these guys get their fascination with ancient seige engines?

The ancient mariners of Ant's Nest hove into Oldetown port, where they got a look at the steam-turbine cargo fleet on shakedown cruise. They immediately sell their historic vessels to a wealthy private collector (and thence placed in the National Museum of Antiquities). The proceeds fund the hulls of another transport fleet.

1851 Galleons rehomed to Middleboro. Warrenville Frigates take over exploration of the NW Passage. Rush Aquaduct in Straycoco.

1852 Push some ships around.

1853 Bribe Greek Settlers for 764g. We don't want more Greek cities on our continent, and Delendopolis' governor will never build Settlers.

1854 Banking discovered, 'Splosives next. Four governors persuaded to build Banks instead of Universities or Factories.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Requests and ideas

Straycoco is currently building a Caravan. Please wait until that is done before installing an idiot governor.

Note: The Set next to Tatooine has one charge and so will road in 1 turn. The Set on the coast of the lower continent has 2 charges.

Here's a plan for obiwan, er, Ben Kenobi to consider:
                            Attached Files

Comment

• And for those who haven't… please Build and deliver a Caravan or two from your city!

Comment

• Wise Emperor's advice
                                Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Working...
                                X