Lazy Days of Summer Sxn Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Straybow, your save works.

(AFAIK/IMHO, a good number of those seven were unsuccessful attempts by me to download it.)
    oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

• And there were much applications of hammers to the head: The Rule of House Antlerkov

(Inherited) 1500 AD-- Bloody hell. The barbs are blocking the road from Straycoco to Ant's Nest. (There goes that plan.)

-- Governors in all cities except Toofaraway and Delendapolis switched to "Military Advisor" (as opposed to "Both").
      -- Harbor rushed in Antlergrad.
      -- Production in Oldetown switched to Crusader.

I hit "End Turn." Here goes nothing...

(1) 1510 AD-- Phalanx in Straycoco dies and... the barb Crusaders walk away from it. And toward our other cities. Moved our horsie out of Ant's Nest to attack the nearby Crusader. Killed it, promoted to vet.

Try roading a river tile near Warrenville. What's that? We don't have Bridge Building? :\ Ye gods, this tech pace is too slow, it's disorienting. It's like a Chieftain game in Civ III

Interturn-- Straycoco taken, 5 gold plundered.

(2) 1520 AD-- Civil disorder in Ant's Nest from moving the horse. Oops. 'Nother crusader between Ant's Nest and Tatooine mopped up. Construction discovered, Feudalism ETA 9 turns.

(3) 1530 AD-- Exploring.

(4) 1540 AD-- Lone crusader defending Straycoco beaten. Clicking on Chicago reveals that the American government has been overthrown. Hides caravan delivered to Chicago, 168 gold.

(5) 1550 AD-- Doldrums, Slowville in disorder. Elvii hired. Straycoco retaken! The Granary in Straycoco built just before it fell is still there. Dyes delivered to Chicago, 72 gold (demands must have changed interturn. #*$%).

--Embassy established with Japan. Japanese city list: Kyoto, Osaka, Edo, Satsuma, Kagoshima, Nagoya, Nara, Izumo, and... San Francisco.

(6) 1560 AD-- Exploring.

(7) 1570 AD-- Gems caravan built in Oldetown. Feudalism discovered.

About this time, I notice Jrabbit's notice that the hides caravan was supposed to meet up with the northern trireme, and the salt caravan to Oldetown. Of course, I've already moved the hides down to Oldetown, and the salts had just boarded a ship to America. Trireme ordered up in Oldetown (an Indian city has demand for Gems, might as well ship that up there with the hides). Salt caravan moved off ship.

(8) 1580 AD-- Sick of waiting, I rush Mike's (it was only 3 turns from completion, anyway; just cost us 50 gold).

(9) 1590 AD-- Mike's completed. Governor now having Doldrums build an Aqueduct. Salts arrive in Oldetown 80 years after they were supposed to. +100 gold.

(10) 1600 AD-- Copper dropped off in Chicago. 160 gold.

Well, I've done a good number of things that the AI would have done.

On checking the 1600 AD save again, Oldetown is in the Top 5 Cities list. Yay!
      Attached Files
      oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

• I have the save & am looking forward to relaxing a bit later on today.
        Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

• 1600 (0) We're a bit behind the power curve here. Not too many cities, and the ones that we have could use some help.
          (Germans and Americans declare war on one another.)
          1610 (1) Slowville builds the market (with a little cash help) Move some citizens. Pop = 2M
          (Japanese discover banking)
          1620 (2) Straycoco starts WLtCD Americans (6 Arrows) want 300 for a cease -fire -- we'll risk the continuance.)
          1630 (3) Discover Math -- opt for Eng over Astro, BB, Chiv, Theo, Uni. WLtCD in Slowville

1640 (4) Oldetown completes a Camel of Wine. Buy market in Warrenville. Oldetown gems (d) to Chicago = 300g.
          (Greeks complete Magellan)
          1650 (5) Found Middleboro & Hobbitown (maybe more cities will help us out -- and maybe fewer gaps will invite fewer barbs?)
          (Americans start Shakes; Japanese dev. Invention)
          1660 (6) Hut in the far north has a None Cruc. Found S Pole. Tatooine builds city walls.

1670 (7) Slowville makes a Gold Camel -- plan is to sell it in America (along with the Wine Camel) Discover Engineering, opt for Sanitation over Astro, Bank, Chiv, Inv.
          (Americans dev San -- Japanese & Americans swap San & Inv. Japanese nearly complete Shake's.)
          1680 (8) Ant's Nest completes Harbor. The Warrenville chariot in the far North, pops a hut full of barbs. Warrenville Hides (d) to New York = 368g. Toofaraway builds a Cruc. We check again with the Americans -- now they only want 250 for a cease-fire.

Notes: Speaking of the Americans, they have 5 techs that we don't (funny how the Japanese have the same five techs...) & I think that we have 1 that they are missing -- maybe a call for dips soon.

It looks like Japan will complete Shakes next turn. Oldetown has a food caravan & 40 shields towards another; 600g avail, means we're about 400g short -- so the sale of granaries, etc. for this wonder is up to the next player.

Slowville RB'd the last row of shields for a food caravan (it won't make it to Oldetown for a Shake wonder, however) so the next player might be kind enough to hit the advisor toggle for me.

Well, we moved up in pop from 6th to 5th. I think that we're 3rd in science, and the Americans are ahead of us in too many ways. The challenge is on!
          Attached Files

Comment

• Old n Slow ---------- Slowville
            atomant ------------- Ant’s Nest
            Straybow ------------ Straycoco
            obiwan18 ----------- Tatooine
            Bob_Smurf42 ------- Doldrums
            JRabbit --------------- Warrenville
            La Fayette ----------- LaFayette
            Vlad Anterkov ------- Antlergrad

W're now down to eight turns each

Comment

• Thanks for posting the "owned cities" list, OnS. Now, can we clarify what actions are permissible in our other cities?

Hm. 3 days later and no downloads.
              Straybow is TOO lazy.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Permissible actions:

Moving citizens around.

Defending the city (and changing the build order accordingly) when danger is eminent) -- the initial determination was three spaces away, but that might be risky -- so if the republican governor sees danger sooner and chooses to act, I don’t think any of the mayors will generate enough energy to cause an uprising.

Putting a city back on auto pilot

Fast building whatever is in the build queue.

Moving and committing any “common” (blinking) unit.

Grey areas -- (1) founding cities -- my original intent was that each player would ‘operate’ one and only one city (and all could share with the one common city). In re-looking at the posted rules, I noted that we were not to found additional cities (and yet last turn I founded some & put them on auto.) Hmmm we may want some discussion on that. Given what the cities are doing on auto pilot, I’m not sure that it makes too much of a difference.

(2) The recommended action for ‘auto moving’ units is not too important, & as long as the moves aren’t too long, I don’t think anyone truly cares.

(3) Placing the city back onto auto build. This unfortunately mangles the last turn’s build, so in a couple of cases (myself included) the successor has taken the direction for the actual switching activity.

(4) I think that we’ve all been lazy about the auto skip after 48 hours…

I wonder if we want to consider a move to Commy & play as if it were Fundy…

Comment

• Lazy!
                  Well, yes… but in this case I was working extra an shift to take off a few days and go camping in the mountains. 4 days without the need for the air conditioning in the car except defogging and a brief cool-down after the car was parked in the sun!
                  (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                  (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                  (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Seeing everyone else is too lazy to pick up, I may get to this Sunday night.
                    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Haven't heard from obiwan18 or Bob_Smurf42 for a while; atomant is MIA. Hmmm. If Straybow can't get to this until the 24th, then....Jrabbit again?

Comment

• No, I meant last Sunday (the post was 2:14 am from work, which was still Sat night in my mind). If I hadn't gone to a movie Sun evening (Bruce Almighty) I'd have had time. Then I got started on a job Mon only to get rained out. Should've done it that evening…

This lazy game is becoming more work than a regular game because the AI keeps building mil units in Republic. I guess I'm just too lazy.

Comment

• Let's keep it with Straybow for now. (Try to find the time, dude! It's only about a dozen cities...)

I'm committed to the OCC comparison game and will be starting that tonight. (After that gets rolling, I can jump back in if needed. I think obiwan is around, just a bit busy. No idea what happened to the smurf...)
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011

Comment

• OK, so maybe this summer wasn't so lazy...

Comment

• Sunday has come & gone (again).

Comment

Working...
                                X