X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woohoo! Lots of trade income (finally!)
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

I will D/L and send home, but don't know if it will be deemed acceptable by SWMBO for me to play and log in 3 sxn game on the same summer weekend. (Not to mention my own game, which is in the final stages of SS build).

SO -- Vlad Antlerkov, if you are available to play, go ahead.

I will play my Barren Burbs and Silly Rules turns, then check back here before I begin any Lazy Summer turns.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Vlad had 5 days and never played. Lazy!

I will play tonight and post tomorrow.
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

1500 AD Zipfile

Gotta say, it's pretty tough to watch the game building Granaries and such when we need camels. And it's tough to do any effective xinning with only 2 cities to work with. (Sigh.)

But we are close to Mike's Chapel and have trade goods en route. Log coming in an hour or two, if Poly/Settler II aren't too lazy to work during lunch hour today...
          Attached Files

Comment

Lazy Lagomorph Log

Stardate 3714.61, Science Officer's Log:

Actually, the year is 1300, and here's the latest lazy log...

--We're reseaching nicely and have a sweet (500+ GP) treasury. Several triremes afield, but mostly empty.
            --Examination of our cities shows three which are not using auto-advisor functions. Antlergrad (with no food or shield surplus). Slowville and Lafayette are busy finishing camels, to be completed in 1320). Since any unit build would create a shield/food deficit in Antlergrad, we turn on the Domestic Helper, which starts on a marketplace.
            --We also learn that, if we move the sliders to 10-70-20, Oldetown can celebrate (if they hire a 2nd Elvis). Likewise, Tatooine and Slowville will grow. So moved.
            --Our hometown of Warrenville is pathetic, size 3 with net of only one food, one shield per turn.
            --Press ENTER.

--Doldrums is building the GL, but that's not available. Switch to Shake's and hope something better comes along.
            --Lafayette builds camel. Decide to send demanded Salt to Oldetown. Both advisors want to builid settler next, so "Both" automation selected.
            --Slowville builds camel (Beads, many possible destinations). Advisor set to domestic, starts Marketplace.
            --Find 2 exposed food camels sleeping in the cold, harsh elements outside Oldetown. They are awakened and a "Go2 Doldrums" order is issued.
            --Add an increment or two in Warrenville and Oldetown. Well, maybe a bit more than that...

--American emissary brags of Engineering. We can only gape in awe.
            --Americans and Japanese start King Richard's Crusade.
            --Pop = 1.14 MM
            --Diplomat finds Edo, Japanese settler. We chat. They demand Medicine. We decline, but are offered cease-fire and peace anyway.
            --Mystified, we attempt trade and get Seafaring for Medicine. Others offered -- astronomy, Bridge Building, Construction (maybe shoulda), Iron Working, Math, Warrior Code. Further trade declined, but we are offered Astronomy for the "modest" cost of 200 GP. We tell them it's not in the stars.

--Antlergrad auto-advisor switches to Harbor.
            --Increments? Of course. It is hoped that Warrenville's Hides is a repeating commodity...

--Straycoco celebrates. Ant's Nest builds granary, starts harbor.
            --We discover Monotheism and begin on Construction.
            --Oldetown reaches size 8, where it is capped for now.

--Resource allocation now 10-40-50.
            --Two food caravans contributed toward WoW. (Now building Mike's Chapel).
            --Tatooine complete courthouse, starts library.

--Tatooine, Slowville, Warrenville celebrate WLTConsulD.

--Toofaraway completes granary, starts courthouse.
            --Delendapolis completes marketplace, starts courthouse.
            --Straycoco stops celebrating at size 5.
            --Diplomatic mission to Americans establishes embassy, steals Warrior Code tech.

DIPLOMATIC REPORT --AMERICANS
            Republic of 13 cities, at war with the Aztecs, at peace with Japanese. Techs we may wish to acquire from them: Astronomy, Bridge Building, Engineering, Iron working, and Mathematics.

--Rumor of a "Greek" civ, reportedly starting work on KRC.
            --Delendapolis Loves The Consul!!
            --Tatooine no longer loves, but is now size 6.

--Lafayette builds Settler, starts Phalanx.
            --Slowville beads reach Antlergrad, paying 116 GP (+1 route).

--Rate moved to 20-60-20.
            --Barbs crusaders land near Straycoco. THIS ONE COULD HURT!!
            --Wandering dip finds Kagoshima (6), hopes to join up with empty trireme from east side of Japan-America continent.
            --Northern exploration team finds Indian emissary.

DIPLOMATIC REPORT -- INDIANS
            They appear to be the Pathetic civ. We trade (something) for Iron Working, which is all they have that we need or want. We dicide that gifts are in order. Trade brings us peace, Seafaring makes them receptive. It takes Monarchy and Masonry to get them to Worshipful. We trade maps. Because we refuse to declare war on the Greeks, our offer of an alliance is rudely declined.

Notes to Successor
            --We're only about 50 shields from Mike's Chapel.
            --Several boats and camels on the board. Salt was walking to Oldetown (demanded). Hides going to meet northern trireme for ride to India, which has at least 3 demanding cities.
            --Both southern boats are heading to American continent (one with hides, one with beads and dye).

General Notes -- We need a list of who owns which cities, so the consul du jour knows which ones he can/should play with. (It appears we did not try to develop a SSC. Is that correct?)

Once my city (Warrenville) has built its Marketplace, I would like to see it be used as a Hides factory. I'm afraid the advisors won't permit that. Any way around this?

Comment

ANOTHER SUCCESSOR NOTE --

FIRST ORDER OF BUSINESS IS THE DEFENSE OF STRAYCOCO. Multiple crusaders coming against a single fortified phalanx.

Comment

"Shall I prepare your pinnace for an escape by sea, melord?"
                [Ahem] "Yes, you do that while I go change my pants."
                (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Players City

Old n Slow ---------- Slowville
                  atomant ------------- Ant’s Nest
                  Straybow ------------ Straycoco
                  obiwan18 ----------- Tatooine
                  Bob_Smurf42 ------- Doldrums
                  JRabbit --------------- Warrenville
                  La Fayette ----------- LaFayette
                  Vlad Anterkov ------- Antlergrad

I don't know what the domestic advisor will do when it runs out of white goods (or wonders) to work with -- I had to leave Slowville at the end of my turn (else the advisor would swith the rused camel to a building).

Similar thought with the military advisor -- I suppose that it will build military units until it runs out od shilds to work with.
                  Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

Last time I left my city without the governor but it was building a Temple at 1 shield/turn. I propose that such should be the equivalent of a governor for our purposes, should we see a governor doing something really stupid.

I believe we already agreed that it is proper to take control of a city when it comes to defense.

In other words: HHEEEEELLLLLLPP!!!

Comment

• Tried downloading the save, and...

Jrabbit, could you try uploading the save again?

One other thing. Is rushbuying stuff in cities under AI governor control allowed?
                      oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

• Sorry guys, am still missing in action due to work commitments beyond my control. This internet connection now is costing like 2 usd a minute for a sat link.
                        "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
                        "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Comment

• Vlad, I think Apolyton was having some problems this morning. It was really slow for me and now has recovered. Try the d/l again?

Comment

• Tried again, no luck.

Is anyone else having problems downloading the save?
                            oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

• OK, try this

It says seven of us have d/l successfully (unless it thinks you got yours, then it's only six).
                              Attached Files

Comment

• d/l successful (of course I had no prob with the other).

Comment

Working...
                                X