No announcement yet.

Lazy Days of Summer Sxn Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Lap Top (computer) has been stolen, count me out until i can get another, kill the culprit and get Civ reloaded in all its glory.
    "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
    "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Comment

atomant, tough break -- hope things work out for you.

JRabbit message received. La Fayette, Vlad Anterkov, then me -- but by that time I’ll be out of town. Well, maybe I’ll be back when it is my turn.
      Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

Hey, guess what -- I just found the save (450 BC) so I will try to play tonight, post tomorrow.

Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Carrot on a stick...

Emperor Rudy Rabbit takes the throne.

450 BC -- We have 200,000 ppl, researching Writing (16 turns, ick) and have stockpiled 363 GP through copious ransoming of barb kings. Note that Doldrums and Slowville are not on Auto. Both changed to "both" mode, both start on Warriors. Oldetowne ten turns from Lighthouse. Or HG. Hmmm. ENTER-->>

425 BC -- appropriated only known settler toward proposed city site. Germans start Marco Polo.

400 BC -- I really want to use that money to complete the temple in Tatooine! But the rules (and Obiwan) say no.

375 BC -- Straycoco builds settler, starts another

350 BC -- Japanese build Lighthouse of Kyoto, so we switch to Hanging Gardens.

325 BC --Ant's Nest builds trireme, starts warrior

300 - 275 - 250 - 225 BC -- find hut at 57, 61.

200 BC -- Very eventful turn!!! We discover Writing, build Hanging Gardens. No tech choices toward our goal of Republic so must choose...
          Decide on Bronze Working (toward Trade) over Mysticism, Seafaring, Warrior Code, and The Wheel. Then, hut provides Literacy!!!. Doldrums builds warriors. Emperor Rudy Rabbit nearly faints from the effort of managing this burst of activity.

175 BC -- back to normal nothingness

150 BC -- Warrenville founded Not optimal (built on forest to get access to 3 specials), but it will have to do.

125 BC -- rush horseman in Warrenville, diplomat in Oldetowne. Start trireme in Oldetowne IIRC.

100 BC -- Barbs land archers near Slowville. Diplomat dispatched from Oldetowne to help.

75 BC -- Northern hut yields NONE Legion. We rush a temple in Warrenville and retire from the grueling task of running two cities...

OLD'N'SLOW --
          I have some questions about how this works, which I'll raise tomorrow when I post the PC-friendly save. For instance, since my temple was just purchased, I don't yet have the option to choose advisor/auto mode.

I want to start a settler in Warrenville and then activate the military advisor. Can the next Emperor do that for me? Please??
          Last edited by -Jrabbit; June 25, 2003, 13:45.
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Here's the save...
            Attached Files

Comment

I have no problem as long as the next player (La Fayette) is willing to work that hared in this heat…

Comment

Was "hared" a rabbit pun? Or just a typo?

Comment

Just bein' lazy

Comment

Lazy LF is going to d\load very soon
                    Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Lazy LF's PC says "file is not a save game"
                      aaaaaargh !
                      sorry Jrabbit
                      (can you, or can someone else post a new save, preferably playable by my naughty PC? )

Comment

Try this, La Fayette.
                        Attached Files

Comment

This one is OK

Comment

I love sending that smilie
                            It tells more than what my restricted vocabulary allows me to explain.

Comment

The first sav posting actually contained 2 files that I sent to myself at work. Sorry about that.

Comment

The first sav posting actually contained 2 files that I sent to myself at work. Sorry about that.

Glad this one works -- now see what you can do to get this game on track!!

Comment

Working...
                                X