New Hotkey Needed: Select damaged units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Hotkey Needed: Select damaged units

Because of the way healing works in RoN we need to be able to easily select units that need to be garisoned. It would be nice if when you have a group of military units selected, there was a hotkey to reduce the selection to only those with 1/2 health or less. That way you could send them all to get healed. Is there an easy way to do this that I'm missing? I know when you have a bunch of units selected it shows you in the bottom right panel their status but it's a pain to select them out one by one. I played a game with this feature a few months ago but I can't remember which one. Any thoughts?

Comment

As it is now you need to garrison the troops and then click on the healed ones to have them come out. It can be done relatively quickly but a hotkey would be nice.

Comment

But that means you have to have your entire army leave the field. I'd rather have the healthy troops hold the line while the wounded get taken care of.

Comment

I agree a button for dammaged troops would be nice (or 2, one for sevearly dammaged troops and one for troops between 70-100%).
          "I just nuked some poor bastard still in the Enlightenment age. that radioactive mushroom cloud sure enlightened his ass."
          - UberKruX

Comment

I'd like to see a way to select half strength or lower units. And also a setting on each garrison building that autoejects units when they are back to 100%.

Better yet, give the surrender monkeys and Versailles a new power and make supply carts heal for everyone. Would be much easier and way less tedious.

olaf

Comment

That's a good idea crumbb.
              If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Yeah, that's a good idea. To refine it further, here's how I'd like it to work (my personal opinion):

(1) Select a bunch of units.
                (2) Press special hotkey to deselect all the ones above 50% health, leaving just the poorly ones.

As someone already suggested, you could actually have, say, three hotkeys, for <25%, <50% and <75% selections.

Also, an "auto garrison" button would be nice once you've selected the poorly troops.

Comment

Come to think of it, it'd be easier if there was a "All selected units with 50% or less health garrison in nearest building" hotkey. You cut out one key press that way.
                  If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

FrustratedPoet: Well if you follow that line of reasoning to its logical conclusion, they could make units that were about to die automaticly leave the field and go get healed, then come back to where they were. I was just hoping for something simple they could add in a few minutes, and yet not change the fundamental design of army control in the game.

GodSpawn: Yes! That is exactly what I had in mind.

Comment

I too would like to see an "auto-garrison" command so that units in the currently selected group could find multiple buildings nearby to garrison. Also, is there some command to eject a group of units that are in multiple buildings? I don't always remember where I put the units and I don't think it tells you what buildings the units are in when you select a group. If there's no way to do this now, I think it would be a very helpful addition.

Comment

hi,

believe you can already do this.... select your troops by drawing a box with your mouse.

now in the bottom right hand side of the screen box, the information box?, shift click a yellow unit. Now you should only have damaged units selected....

dutcheese

Comment

Originally posted by dutcheese
                          hi,

believe you can already do this.... select your troops by drawing a box with your mouse.

now in the bottom right hand side of the screen box, the information box?, shift click a yellow unit. Now you should only have damaged units selected....

dutcheese

Thanks
                          i do not know that. that will be helpful. will try it tonight.

Comment

Shift-Click just selects units of all the same type like knights or hoplites.

A hotkey to select hurt units would make life a lot easier.
                            Time to take out the trash. You know its easy but it seems harder every time you try and think about it.

Comment

Yeah i agree this would be an excellant feature to have.

I don't think that a auto-garrison key would be the best though as in do or die battles u don't really want ur troops disappearing from the battlefield right when they are needed. I like the way that GodSpawn stated it.

Comment

Working...
                              X