Pirate secrets of the seas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirate secrets of the seas

Ok maties I am updating you on some new pirate secrets.

First: The free 'parrot' each Pirate gets is really an 'intelligent' communications receiver. The parrot is able to pick up intelligence transmitted by other sea birds such as Albatrosses and Pelicans. These are our eyes in the sky. These sea birds such as the Petrel, Skua and Gannet are the sky borne equivalent of the extremely successful sea based, 'Mermaid' probe.

Most parrots are named 'J' something.(embedded design) Mine's called Jason. So if you meet somebody and you ask 'what's your parrot's name?. The answer from a genuine pirate should be a 'J' word/name. The most popular parrot name is called 'J***s I've forgotten.'

Second: The eye patch, which you received at induction, you may have discovered by now, is a voice activated head up display: for combat situations.

There are more secrets but they will only be revealed to us as our pirate faction grows.
    Last edited by Hercules; May 19, 2003, 21:46.
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

I assume some of the rums we create can also be used as emergency fuel in our ships?

We need to start training dolphins to be our extra eyes under the sea. I know we brought some. + we need to cybernetically or genetically enhance a few so they can speak English.

Hooks are really multi tools and i have no clue what to do with peg legs yet.

Though this is probobly against some UN charter and I am against it (even though I mentioned it myself). We can create genetically enhanced humans that can breath underwater.

No ship is complete with out sails, but I have an idea to make our sails better. We can coat them with Solar Cells and create "Solar Sails". That way, our ships at sea are more efficient, and can stay out at sea longer (yea!).

If you haven't guessed, I am very technologically advised.
    "War forced us into the seas. When we came back upon the surface, it was a ruined and desolate place. We knew that it was not long before even the most secluded spot in the seas of Earth was polluted, so we left to the the sea of stars. That is how we came to be on Chiron."
    -Dameon McPherson, Leader of the Atlantians, "The Exodus"

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantian
      I assume some of the rums we create can also be used as emergency fuel in our ships?
      That's great!

We need to start training dolphins to be our extra eyes under the sea. I know we brought some. + we need to cybernetically or genetically enhance a few so they can speak English.
      /me nods.

Hooks are really multi tools and i have no clue what to do with peg legs yet.
      Multipasstool! (I love Fifth Element...)

Though this is probobly against some UN charter and I am against it (even though I mentioned it myself). We can create genetically enhanced humans that can breath underwater.
      Maybe give ourselves some gene therapy to do the same?

No ship is complete with out sails, but I have an idea to make our sails better. We can coat them with Solar Cells and create "Solar Sails". That way, our ships at sea are more efficient, and can stay out at sea longer (yea!).

If you haven't guessed, I am very technologically advised.
      Hey, all sounds good to me.
      I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

i feel smart now
        "War forced us into the seas. When we came back upon the surface, it was a ruined and desolate place. We knew that it was not long before even the most secluded spot in the seas of Earth was polluted, so we left to the the sea of stars. That is how we came to be on Chiron."

Comment

Fine...

We can also use the parrot as a secret insult. "You fight like a parrot!" and they'll stop and think "did I hear, like a pirate, or was it a parrot" and perhaps they hear "pirate" and they take it as a complement, if so you say: "... may I call you Polly?", well... the enemy gets embarrased, and you won!

If they heard right, they might reply with somthing like " How appropriate, you fight like a cracker" or they just say "Oh,yeah?"...
          anyway, they will obviously lose

My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

Last edited by Googlie; October 14, 2003, 11:13.

Comment

Last edited by Googlie; October 14, 2003, 11:14.

Comment

/me shudders...
                I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

And if a parrot defects to the enemy (or gets eaten by a monkey) you can call the next base Polygon:

On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

I will design some new software for the parrots called Anit-Defect 1.0. It causes the Parrot to explode if it tries to defect to the enemy. (Need to work out a few bugs, though. It also explodes when the monkey eats it) (And now you know why one of the boxes of parrots is missing and why the zoo is a few monkeys short of what it had last month).

I have finally decided what to do with the peg legs. Not only are they Pnuematic, but they can attach themselves to a surface and turn into a propeler to speed swiming!

I'm too good at this. Just think of what I am doing with my Xenorum research!

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantian
                      I have finally decided what to do with the peg legs. Not only are they Pnuematic
                      An early pre-prototype version of Antigrav Struts maybe

Comment

OOOOH! Good Idea! I'll get to work on that!
                        *tinkers on somethink for about 10 seconds before it explodes like a small firecracker*

That didn't work. I'll go to my Lab!

Comment

Working...
                        X