Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The most powerful man in the world is Australian

Rupert Murdoch.

And he owns Fox News, which basically spews forth his views. Nothing American about it.

He also owns about a 150 newspapers across the English speaking world which all follow the same editorial line on issues like the Gulf War. His editorial line.

Europe, America, Asia, Australia, Murdoch calls the shots. He makes governments rise and fall. Probably better at it than the CIA.

So I find it amusing when Americans defend Fox like its something patriotic. We Australians know Rupert's voice when we hear it. We know him too well.

The US President is but a cheese stick powerwise by comparison.

Am I wrong?
    Last edited by Alexander's Horse; May 15, 2003, 08:13.
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Bush is more powerful than him
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I thought he was a naturalised American? Australian in name only...
      Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Originally posted by *End Is Forever*
        I thought he was a naturalised American? Australian in name only...
        Other way around. He got US citizenship to buy US media.

Rupert never changes. I'm no fan of the man but he's still Australian. No Australian would ever really become American.
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Rupert Murdoch is on my list of top ten people that need to go away/die for the world to be a better place.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Who are the other nine? Or did you just make that list up on the spot?
            Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

It's a static list because a person's status and power changes frequently. But as of today. And this is no particular order.

Rupert Murdoch
              Dubya
              Cheney
              Rumsfeld
              Wolfowitz
              Richard Perle
              Karl Rove
              Anna Nicole Smith
              Bud Selig
              OPEC (not a person, but still)
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Re: The most powerful man in the world is Australian

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                Am I wrong?
                Are your lips or fingers moving?
                Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                  No Australian would ever really become American.
                  Not many anyway, since the USA instituted more stringent crimminal background checks on immigrants.
                  Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                  Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                  "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                  From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Murdoch is a pure genius, plain and simple.
                    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

genius maybe, pure i don't think so.
                      Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                      Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola

Not many anyway, since the USA instituted more stringent crimminal background checks on immigrants.
                        But that surely does not apply to wealthy immigrants.
                        “Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)

Comment

It was a joke at the expense of Australia's distinctive heritage
                          Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                          Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                            Murdoch is a pure genius, plain and simple.
                            Pure evil more like it.

Comment

Evil genius. Wasn't one of the more recent Bond baddies a Media Mogul? That seemed like a shot at Murdoch to me.

-Arrian
                              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                              X